Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Goldie M

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shots Goldie :D after the atrocious weather we've had over the last couple of days that Red Admiral is in none too shabby a state :shock: Good luck on your quest - I'm sure there's a bargin out there :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Good luck from me too, Goldie. Be sure to buy one that has a nice sunny garden or terrace. Essential if you want to attract butterflies!
David M

Post by David M »

Nice work, Goldie. Have you taken your yellow buddleia down to Kent? I hope you'll find somewhere with a nice garden so you can attract southern English butterflies. There may be surprises in store.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Sounds like you’re now in a great position to pounce as soon as something great comes up - well done! Looking forward to your new chapter and reading about the butterflies you encounter - good luck!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks everyone for your posts,
Thanks Wurzel, I found a great looking Red Admiral at the beginning of the week, it looked really fresh.
I'm still looking for a place that's not too big and feels comfortable some of the places want loads doing to them, not for me, but I'll keep looking. :D

Thanks essex, that's what I'm looking for a place that faces South :D

Hi! David, unfortunately they don't allow you to store plants, but i can't wait to start choosing some when I find the house with a garden :D I did bring my Begonia Tubers though, every October I've dried them after cutting off the flowers and in March repotting them, They were first in the car :D I made sure I got my Pots and Hanging baskets sorted just in case I landed some where with no Garden. :D

Many thanks Benjamin, I'm certainly looking forward the the Butterflies next year, lets hope I find lots of ab's.Goldie :D
Attachments
D9AF41B1-E3C8-4AA7-A6E3-B66AC4FAEC66.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That is lovely looking Red Admiral Goldie :D I hope its safely tucked up tonight though as it is dire out there at the moment :(
Wishing you continued good fortune in your quest :D

Have a goodun and stay safe

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Good to know you've made it safely down to Kent, Goldie. I hope the winter months will allow you to find the right place for your next chapter, with sunnier and warmer conditions and a greater number of butterfly species nearby.

Meantime, nice to see the Red Admiral. Fingers crossed you'll see plenty more next year.
millerd

Post by millerd »

A very nice Red Admiral, Goldie, a great way to start and a good omen for things to come. You may see a few more before winter hits us with a bit of luck! :)

All the best with your house-hunting too.

Cheers,

Dave
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks again everyone for your post, I'm still looking, :D I was just thinking today which Butterfly I would see first in 2022, it certainly won't be a Small Tortoiseshell( but you never know) :D Goldie :D

Just read about my mistake Vince :oops: my only explanation is the whirl I've been in for a while :lol:
It's a first for me though having people locked out :lol: :lol: Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:01 pmMany thanks again everyone for your post, I'm still looking, :D I was just thinking today which Butterfly I would see first in 2022, it certainly won't be a Small Tortoiseshell( but you never know) :D Goldie
Given your new location, Goldie, it could be something far different from what you were used to up north. Maybe even a Clouded Yellow, although Red Admiral would be my bet (assuming the winter is not too cold).
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, sorry I'ma bit late with my post :oops:

I know for sure I'll be seeing Holly Blues :D my Daughters garden is full of them in Spring and Summer, roll on :D Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Small Torts seem to be making a comeback in the South East Goldie so you never know :wink: I reckon you should save any trips until the Grizzlies are out and make that your first for 2022 :wink: 8)

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:33 am Hi! David, sorry I'ma bit late with my post :oops:

I know for sure I'll be seeing Holly Blues :D my Daughters garden is full of them in Spring and Summer, roll on :D Goldie :D
No need for the apology, Goldie. We know how busy you've been lately.

Nice that you can practically guarantee seeing a few garden Holly Blues next spring. Can't come soon enough!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel that's good news, I'll certainly be looking out for them, as for the Grizzles I may need help with the directions, I've forgotten already where I went looking for them :lol: Too much going on to remember :lol:

Hi! David, the Garden Hollie's were my best shots I think this year :lol: I could just sit in the garden and wait :lol: Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely morning here in Kent and in my Daughters garden this morning I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a Red Admiral enter the Ivy on the Garage, it flew around for a while so I shot up the stairs to get my stored- a- way camera ( big mistake that ) but by the time I went back it'd gone :( I'm still on the look out just in case it returns :D

I should be in my new home finally after Christmas, Roll On Spring :D Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Keep your camera ready Goldie just in case I've seen Red Admirals on Christmas Eve before and even New Years Eve (if only I and it had been around a day later I'd have started that year off with a bang :roll: :wink: ) it only takes a little bit of warmth and they're out and about :D 8) Mind you Spring is almost round the next corner :wink: 8)

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:08 pm Lovely morning here in Kent and in my Daughters garden this morning I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a Red Admiral enter the Ivy on the Garage, it flew around for a while so I shot up the stairs to get my stored- a- way camera ( big mistake that ) but by the time I went back it'd gone :( I'm still on the look out just in case it returns :D

I should be in my new home finally after Christmas, Roll On Spring :D Goldie :D
Great to hear you sounding so upbeat, Goldie. There's much to look forward to in 2022, as well as the increased possibility of late Autumn 2021 butterflies, as you've already seen. :)
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Wurzel and David for your posts,

I'm glad it's the Winter that I'm moving Wurzel, I'll be able to check the small garden out at the house and maybe get those Sweet Pea perennials going in Spring :D You never know if a Long Tail Blue arrives :lol:

Hi! David, I am up beat :D last Christmas I spent on my own in isolation :( this Christmas I'm really looking forward to being with my family, covid made me realise to stay in the North on my own was stupid no matter that I loved the place, I'll certainly miss the Moors and the Lakes but I can always go on a coach tour :lol: Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:46 amHi! David, I am up beat :D last Christmas I spent on my own in isolation :( this Christmas I'm really looking forward to being with my family, covid made me realise to stay in the North on my own was stupid no matter that I loved the place, I'll certainly miss the Moors and the Lakes but I can always go on a coach tour :lol: Goldie :D
You are always so positive-minded, Goldie. I agree the move made perfect sense and I think we all had a nightmare last Christmas due to this infernal virus. I'm sure this one will be much more enjoyable.
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Goldie. I am really pleased to see that things seem to be working out well for you. I am sure that you will make the most of it next year and finally catch up with your Grizzled Skipper along with many other butterflies :D

Cheers,

Neil

Return to “Personal Diaries”