Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I was switching my decorations on tonight when I saw the full Moon, I couldn't resist taking some shots over the roof tops of the houses, even got the tips of a few decorations :D Then I looked back to the shots I'd taken through the years at around this time of year and noticed they were more or less taken in January, time moves on, has do we. :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
8D4A2C95-61E3-4160-9A60-F27F3743BC58.jpeg
02CC89A0-973A-4404-BEE6-ABAF13CEBFFF.jpeg
53640591-0706-4521-924E-84E937057A28.jpeg
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Goldie,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to visit your daughter for the new year.
Cracking shots of the moon :D We have had clear skies here too giving good views of the full moon but with temps down to -2, I have stayed in the warm :)
Also had quite a bit of snow here the other day but it didn't stay settled for long.

Happy New Year to you and I hope you are coping as well as you can up there,

Cheers,

Neil
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Happy New Year to you Neil, Thanks Neil, when I saw the moon I couldn't resist taking more shots :D

We're down to -5 tonight and we'd more Snow last night, not too much but I'd to clear my drive yesterday , I've been feeding the birds, I'd to clear the Snow first but they've had everything from Cheesy Pizza to Christmas cake :lol:

I ran out of Grapes for the Black Birds but they enjoyed the Pizza, all the best Goldie :D
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

All the best for the new year Goldie, hopefully things improve and 2021 is filled with all sorts of butterflies, I reckon this year will be when you get to see a Grizzled Skipper :)
Some addictions are good for the soul!
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Great moon shots, Goldie! I thought of you as I walked Minnie round the meadow that night but exceptionally I forgot to take my camera!

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Buggy, I really hope so, if I can sell up and move there's a definite chance :D HAPPY NEW YEAR GOLDIE :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUY, that's the worst thing, seeing some thing good and having no camera :roll: The Moon was so bright here and the night frosty so the conditions were perfect, trouble is for me, with the snow and frost came the ice and I couldn't get the car out. :lol: ROLL ON SPRING :D GOLDIE :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Happy New Year Goldie :D 8)

A Grizzled Skipper
Especially for Goldie
Is what I foresee :D

Have a goodun and stay safe

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Let's hope so Wurzel :lol: All the best , take care, Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Hope you had a good New Year, Goldie. Those shots of the moon are again impressive. Wish I could master it the same way myself - it was looking very large, bright and imposing the other night.

Been cold here too since 1st Jan but that's no bad thing. So long as we don't get heavy snowfall that disrupts things then that's fine by me.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, we've had Snow here since Dec 28th up to today when it's rained and got rid of it, it's been here so long and may even be back this week, hope fully not!! also temperatures below freezing every night, luckily I didn't have to go out for any thing, trouble was couldn't get out for exercise because it was too icy. Still, nearly the middle of January already, not too long to go now, it's even getting lighter at night :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I'm a bit fed up with the weather, now we've got a storm, :( I decided to put a few Garden shots in to remember there really is a Spring and Summer :D Goldie :D
Attachments
D6163D6B-18A4-43BF-8324-1AF83979EC62_1_105_c.jpeg
987C8146-2919-42A6-B594-AF6BE83B4EDE_1_201_a.jpeg
5EB7CC84-4672-42CD-83A6-C3CAE8888916_1_105_c.jpeg
28E92EFF-5211-4C34-A8C3-99E9ACE6532E_1_105_c.jpeg
0AEAF3C3-6DC5-4E0C-9F28-2ACC14F7F43F_1_105_c.jpeg
B54CC5A0-13AF-4BF6-8E85-4C74A97DCF9F_1_105_c.jpeg
essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Lots of colour in those shots, Goldie!

Spring is still a long way off, but with the longer days, we are heading in the right direction.

:)
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

It's easy to see why your garden is always full of butterflies, its a butterfly paradise! :)
Some addictions are good for the soul!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Having spent far too long in the dull and drear and now I've gotten over seeing so much colour; I had to have a lie down in a dark room and sponge my eye balls :wink: :lol: I can really appreciate the beautiful collection of images Goldie - cheered me right up :D 8)

Wurzel
trevor

Post by trevor »

Chin up Goldie!. Look on the bright side. We are now two thirds of the way
through the mid Winter month, and the amount of daylight is improving.
I'm a little way down the queue for the vaccine, but if I get that before
Spring so I can get out there with the butterflies I'll be happy.

Hope your move to Kent goes well this year.

Stay safe and well,
Trevor.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks everyone, It does a load of good to look back some times :D my bulb's are coming through which always cheers me up has well :D

I looked out of the window this morning and guess what!!! Snow once more :D In the last week we've had a Storm ( which switched to rain ) now the Snow again :D
I've tried WALKING in the house for 15mins today from one room to another, of course I stopped for the odd Chocolate :lol:
The birds were queuing up this morning for food so I gave the Blackbirds some grapes and my favourite little Robin ( who comes every day ) some cheese,
I try to feed them early before the Hawk invites it's self, so far so good.
I've put a few shots in of the Garden, my neighbour was sorting his garden out before Christmas and asked me if I wanted this stone statue,( it's not me to look a Gift Horse in the mouth,) so I said yes, the birds think it's for them and now use it as a platform :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
7E3ABCC4-DF5B-44EC-9000-4BC64438107C.jpeg
30A683A4-EEBC-4317-AEFE-81F8C222680D.jpeg
0B72C2CA-674C-4CCD-BFA8-DF686FF04D38.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

A lovely scene there Goldie - it'll do the butterflies good as it knocks a load of their parasites on the head :D I must say I like the sound of your exercise regime :wink: 8)

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, it Snowed again last night but today it's a lovely sunny day, hope fully it will melt some of the Snow, I'm wanting to get out and put some bulb's back in the ground that the storm washed up and get a walk out-side instead of in-side, I won't be able to have a chocolate though :lol: :lol: Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

If you do venture out put a few choccies in your pockets. Gotta stick to the regime :wink: :lol:

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

A real winter's scene is that, Goldie. We had a slight dusting the other day but it soon melted in the sun.

Like you, my bulbs are pushing through; my first crocuses are showing some colour and the miniature daffs are probably only a week or so away. :)

Return to “Personal Diaries”