Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Neil Freeman

Re: Goldie M

Post by Neil Freeman »

Glad to see you caught up with some butterflies down there Goldie, nice Holly Blue and Wall photos.

Cheers,

Neil.
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:..I've just got the all clear from the Hospital and told I can try walking without the shoe and wear some trainers to help so I'm definitely on the mend..
That's good to hear, Goldie. Best of luck with it.

Well done with the Wall Browns and I'm so pleased you managed to catch the Holly Blue.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your posts Neil and David, I've got another week here yet so if the weather improves and I can get out I should see some more Butterflies :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Just a quick post today, :D It's been a week in and weather wise here not too good until today :roll:
My Daughter was free from work after being a way for three days with the school children so took me out once again to Reculver, she was tired after the trip so it was great she did this for me :D
I once again saw the Wall's who were very active and chasing one another has they do when the Sun shines :D I also got my first Large White shot for this year , unfortunately with closed wings but I'll take that :lol:
I saw yet more Holly Blues who were far too active for photographs with the exception of one, again closed wings :roll:
It was a good day and although only the LW was new I'm slowly adding species up :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b889.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b88b.jpeg
IMG_5613.jpg
IMG_5602.jpg
IMG_5598.jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Good to see you're out and about Goldie :D Loveing those Walls - still not seen one hopefully next week at the Hill, if the weather plays ball :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Wurzel, my Grandson came to visit me today and showed me a way to get into Blean Woods without using Transport, a little Known pathway off the road near my Daughters house, it turned out to be fantastic, bit of a walk for me but okay, Holly Blues were every where and I saw Brimstones, Peacock Butterflies even Orange Tips :D
The Pathway was very sheltered yet full in places of the Sun I didn't manage the Brimstone yet but I'm :D off back there over the next three days, :D Home on Friday :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5635.jpg
IMG_5629.jpg
IMG_5625.jpg
IMG_5623.jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great that you're off exploring again Goldie and getting great shots - the juxtaposition of beautiful butterfly and something a bit icky always makes me smile :D 8)

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I really like that to Wurzel, the Peacocks were not perfect, infect one was really ragged ( no shot ) but I love to see them, it still surprises me how they still manage to fly with half a wing etc, I still take their photo :D
I'm getting out more now in a pair of my Granddaughters training shoes which have stabilisers in :D out of a family of five only one of them doesn't run :lol: They go through shoes very quickly, which is to my advantage this time :lol: Goldie :D
Andrew555

Post by Andrew555 »

Good stuff Goldie, I like the Wall particularly. :D

Never been to Blean. I must get down there, maybe for the Heath Frits. :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Andrew, it's a great place for the Frits but I think East Blean Wood may be better they're usually in the car park there :D

I went back to Blean today on the path my Grandson showed me yesterday, I was determined to try and get a shot of a Brimstone :D
At first they were flying all around me but never settling :roll: in the end I thought" blow this" if I see another I'll put the camera onto Sport and I may get one in flight, (desperate by this time) :D I'd tried for ages back home to shoot one with out any luck!!!!!

This Lady came along with her dog, ( I'd seen her the day before and we'd had a natter) we did the same again, then she walked off into the wood, just about then up a slope where the Bluebells were one landed, I was too far a way but I took the shot any way hoping I'd got some thing at last :D

The lady reappeared with her dog ,( I'd seen this gate marked private in the lane) and of course seen the Butterflies land there, so I was surprised and delighted when she opened the gate and asked me to go in :D I couldn't get in there quick enough :lol:

I was only in there for a few seconds when one landed on a dry leaves not too far a way, I was elated :D
She was very nice, it seems they were trying to clear brambles and trying to make there Garden better after buying the house, she led me through a rather over grown path way which I didn't envy them trying to clear, it was a short cut to the road which was great, by this time I was feeling the foot :roll: So was ready for a good cup of tea.Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b8ad.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b8b2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b8b1.jpeg
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Well done with the Wall Browns Goldie, a bogey species for me as they are no longer found in Warwickshire and I always seem to be between broods when I am on my travels.

Cheers,

Neil.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely Brimstone shots Goldie I especially like the second one :D :mrgreen: Good to see you getting the VIP treatment what with Private viewings and all :wink: :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Glad to see you got your Brimstone, Goldie, and that you're getting a little more mobile. :)
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Neil, Wurzel and David for your posts, I keep trying to get out a bit more each day but had to rest a bit today:D

Glad you liked the Wall's Neil, the shots I got last year numbered one, I'd not been too lucky with them until this year, it was great seeing so many and getting lots of shots. :D

Hi! Wurzel, I like the second shot has well even though it's a bit tattered round the edges :D

Thanks David, I hope my foot stays okay until I get Home ,with three trains to catch stepping on and off will be exciting if you know what I mean!!!!! :D

I went out again today but I didn't stay too long, I'm giving my foot a rest for going home Friday, I'd been out in the garden earlier that morning and seen a Green Veined White (not has good as your shot Neil :D ) but another first of the year for me :D It was the first Butterfly to land in the Garden since I got here, believe it or not :roll:

I went down the lane again today and just missed an Orange Tip, a Comma shot passed me and into the bushes and I got a shot of that also the same Peacock was still there in the same area (must be the same one) :lol:
Has I passed the field before I entered the wood a Small White landed on a Dandelion, it was only when I got back and put the photos on my computer that I saw the image of a fly or some thing :lol:
Once in the wood coming towards me down the path way was a Holly Blue but it never settled this time but a Brimstone flew onto some dry leaves and seemed to lie side ways onto the leaves, really strange!!!

I was glad once again to get my shoes off when I got back but really satisfied with my day :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b8cd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b8c8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b8ce.jpeg
IMG_5684.jpg
fullsizeoutput_b8d0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b8d1.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great stuff Goldie brilliant capture with the photo-bombing fly :D :lol: You did well with the Green-veined Whites shots :mrgreen: - I've only managed a couple so far this year and some have had to be binned as they're looked bleached :?

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

That's a nice looking female GVW, Goldie. Not seen too many of those myself so far this year. :(

Hope you have a safe and trouble free trip home tomorrow.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That was a real fluke shot Wurzel :lol: So was the GVW, I was just sat in the Garden when it popped over the Wall :lol: Lucky for me it spotted the flowers. :D

Hi! David, my Daughters traveling back with me and staying a couple of nights so that's a big help :D
I thought I would probably see a GVW in the garden when I got home, at least now if I miss one I've already got a shot of one :D

I think my next posts will be from home now, I've just looked on the Lanc's web site and I see the Duke's are out at Gait Barrow,
also the PBF's at Warton, I don't think I'll be going up there for a while sadly but it's good news about the Duke's because I think only one or two were seen last year, That's Life!!!!!! Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I wasn't going into the woods today but with the weather being so nice I thought "last day, why not," :D
I'd lunch with my Daughter first then with the camera on the ready I set off once again, before I even got to the edge of the wood I spotted this White Butterfly which I thought at first was a large White, when it turned out to a Female Brimstone I was really pleased :D

I reached the lane by the Meadow when this large Fox also entered the lane, it stopped for a while looking at me then continued down the lane, I was surprised to see one during the day, I thought at first it was a dog. :D that was my second surprise, I began to wonder what else I'd see for a third surprise :lol:

I got my answer in the woods when for the first time I saw two then three Males circling the Bluebells and I was actually able to get more than just a couple of shots, I didn't hang about wanting to get back and pack, `i was so glad I decided to take one last trip to the woods :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b8fd.jpeg
IMG_5737.jpg
IMG_5729.jpg
IMG_5724.jpg
Female Brimstone
Female Brimstone
Female Brimstone
Female Brimstone
Female Brimstone
Female Brimstone
IMG_5709.jpg
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello Goldie ,
I,m pleased to see that you,re getting over the mis-hap with your ankle ,and that it didn,t holdyou back too much .
I,m also sorry that you never managed to see Grizzled Skipper ,if you could have found us in Ashford I would have been pleased to show you some ,
and the reason I never offered ,was that the two good sights close-by would have been hard going for you with two good ankles let alone a Gammy one ! ,one in particular is a bit of an assault course and I,ve gone a*** over tip ,many times.
That said if you,re down this way at the right time next year ,the offer stands ! Keep up the good work !
Regards Allan.W.
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Just loving that shot of the fox M. :mrgreen: Safe trip home - speak soon x

Return to “Personal Diaries”