Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Maximus

Re: Goldie M

Post by Maximus »

We also read of your sad loss, Goldie.
Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time for you.

Very best wishes,

Mike and Cathy.

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

After reading your comment I've been trying to work out what to type but I'm still at a loss, I just don't know what to say. You're in my thoughts and have all of my condolences; take care.

Wurzel

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Sorry to hear of your loss Goldie.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks everyone, the consolation I have is that we spent a fantastic life together, Jim's job building Flour Mills took us around the world to many countries,( together) and when we settled back in England again we were still on the go :)
I will admit to age now, being in our eighties we'd been married 60 years and in February we 'd celebrated Our Diamond Wedding and even got a card from the Queen :) At least we managed that. :)
So maybe it was time to slow down a little which Jim didn't want to do, so I'll keep on has much has I can, after all they say age is just a number, some thing he proved time and time again Goldie :(
Attachments
IMG_4547.jpg
I took these two photos last week
I took these two photos last week

Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

I,d like to send you my condolences as well Goldie ,you,ve obviously enjoyed many happy years together , and my thoughts
are also with you at this sad time. Kind regards Allan.W.

David M

Post by David M »

Your post following this tragic event is both uplifting and heartwarming, Goldie. Please accept my sincere condolences and I wish you peace and comfort during this upsetting time.

I hope you will remain part of the community on here as you are a very popular asset to these forums.

millerd

Post by millerd »

Really sorry to hear of your very sad loss, Goldie. Your description of your life together is inspirational and lovely to hear about. Thinking about you.

Look after yourself,

Many best wishes,

Dave

Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Goldie

"the consolation I have is that we spent a fantastic life together". Nobody can ask for more than that, so even at such a sad time as this, I'm sure you have a great deal to celebrate. And I'm sure that Jim will be with you on every walk in the future.

Best Wishes, Neil

essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

So sorry for your loss, Goldie. Our thoughts are with you at this time.

I hope a few late butterflies manage to lift your spirits.

With best wishes, Mark and Esther X

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Very sorry to hear of your loss Goldie

Wishing you all the best

Paul

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks so much every one, a bit over whelming at present but will always remember your great posts, I've been amazed at the amount of flowers we've been sent, plus cards, simply no place to put them all, Jim was so well liked. Thanks again.Goldie :)

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Just caught up with your very sad news Goldie, so sorry to hear of your loss and my heartfelt condolences.

My best wishes to you at this sad time.

Neil.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks so much Neil, I'm coming round now after two weeks of horror. I felt Mechanical not human but I'm coming to terms now thanks to my family .
My Daughters stayed on with me and decided I needed a Butterfly run :D She took me to Brockholes CP, it was a lovely day and I could feel myself coming back to life, ( my Husband used to say " Half Human" :lol:
I was also pleased to see a Speckie and Small Copper, one of the Copper's was quite faded , the other two were okay it was great to see them and I feel up lifted. :D
I've been out today driving having the car put into my name, so it's all Systems go. Hope fully!!!!! Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_4591.jpg
IMG_4621.jpg
IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4602.jpg
IMG_4573.jpg
IMG_4567.jpg

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Well done finding the Small Coppers! I went looking for some myself this afternoon and didn’t spot any although found some other species.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

It's nice to see that you got out and saw some lovely butterflies, Goldie :D

Mike

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great to see that you were able to get out and find some butterflies Goldie, I'm glad they offered something to feel cheerful about. :)

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Andrew555

Post by Andrew555 »

I'm so sorry Goldie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Andrew

CallumMac

Post by CallumMac »

Goldie - I've not posted my condolences yet because I simply couldn't find the right words. But, it's good to hear that you were able to get our and find some solace in the Small Coppers. When we lost my grandfather, a family friend told us that she believes the people we lose stay with us, making themselves known through unexpected encounters with wildlife. Not necessarily something I subscribe to completely, but a comforting thought nonetheless!

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks so much everybody for your posts, I know Jim wouldn't want me moping about so I was out in the Garden this morning chopping down the Buddleia on the front, before that I fed the birds, some thing Jim did every day so I'm determined to keep it up, I was putting some cheese on the fence when this little Robin landed right by the side of me it didn't take any thing until I went in but it gave me a great feeling, i was not alone :D Goldie :D

David M

Post by David M »

Good for you, Goldie. Butterflies (and nature in general) can be positive influences at times like these. Let no-one underestimate this.

Your attitude in this time of adversity is admirable and I hope those visitors to your garden will continue to provide uplifting moments.

Return to “Personal Diaries”