Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! again David, :D I find that the Butterflies will still go for the small flowers, I've got two or three Miniature Buddeia and they land on those, so with luck you should get some on yours, it would be good if we could see even a white here at present. :roll:
Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
David M

Post by David M »

It's going to be stormy for much of next week, Goldie, so it's best to remain philosophical. There's no chance of any new flowers on my buddleia, but like you, my bowles mauve is still going strong so hopefully it'll attract more visitors when the bad weather has passed.

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
ernie f

Post by ernie f »

Nice Shaggy Inkcap, Goldie. We had one in our garden last year but so far none this year.

Ernie F
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, we went to Penn Flash yesterday morning, we actually saw the Sun before the rain moved in again in the evening, even though the weather was okay we saw just two Whites which were in no mood for posing :D So I'm not holding much hope for more Butterflies to arrive here :( I've not seen a Peacock in the garden this year which is very unusual. :)

Hi! ernie, not too well up on Fungus, :D you post some interesting shots, keep them coming. Goldie :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Since I posted this morning the weather changed, although still very windy the rain stopped, the Sun came out and so did the Red Admiral's :D I'd been out doing the weekly shop and on arriving back was greeted by the Red Admiral on my front garden Buddeia
( actually my one and only Buddleia still remaining with flowers on) :D After that I saw one in my Neighbours garden and another one flew off into the back garden, with the weather we're having and the fact the Bushes were blow all over the place, I was really surprised to see the Butterflies :D
One found the quietest spot it could on the Bush and I was lucky and managed some shots :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_a446.jpeg
IMG_4030.jpg
fullsizeoutput_a444.jpeg
IMG_4048.jpg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That's the thing with this time of year Goldie, you have to keep the camera warmed up and ready to go to take advantage of the slightest break in the weather :roll: Brill set of Red Admirals, especially the final shot :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

That's a very welcome Red Admiral, Goldie. Not many of those around here at the moment.
The whole Vanessa family is rather scarce this Autumn.

Trevor.

Andrew555

Post by Andrew555 »

Nice to see your garden RA goldie. :D

David M

Post by David M »

You look to have some buddleia flowers still to emerge, Goldie. If this weather would settle down I suspect the RAs will stick around for a while.

Janet Turnbull

Post by Janet Turnbull »

That's a lovely Red Admiral Goldie - I haven't seen any for a while now.
Janet

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks everybody for your post's, it looks like we're stuck with this weather for quite a while, thunder and hail showers right now,UGH!
Yesterday was dry in the morning but very windy, we decided to do some gardening, has we went into the front garden a Red Admiral flew passed us and into my Neighbours bushes, a minute later the rain arrived and that's been it for two days now :(
I'm positive the Butterflies have a built in warning system for bad weather :D the Red Admiral certainly did. :D Goldie :D

millerd

Post by millerd »

There are certainly more Red Admirals around with you than down with me, Goldie. That one looks a lot fresher too! :)

Dave

Art Frames

Post by Art Frames »

I've been noticing few singleton RAs around here lately but numbers have been low compared to last year. That is to add to my low single figure Peacock total for the entire year. So I'd take delight in seeing three RAs at once again. Perhaps the wind will deliver me some too. :D

Peter - Art Frames
A few photos on Flickr
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:Many thanks everybody for your post's, it looks like we're stuck with this weather for quite a while...
Not so, Goldie. The whole of next week looks positively benign so prepare yourself! :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Dave, I'm sure if the Sun comes out today one Red Admiral will appear :D It's been in and out of that Buddleia bush on and off for a few days now but the weather has been awful I just hope it survived the Hail yesterday. :roll:

Hi! Art, this Autumn has been rough for the Admirals so far, last year I'd loads in the garden but like you say single ones so far this year. My biggest disappointment has been the lack of Peacock's not one so far in the garden, :roll: I'm hoping next week might change that :D

I've just seen the forecast David for next week and I'll be ready with my camera :D

The Sun is trying very hard to appear this morning, even so the Bee's are out buzzing around the Buddleia hope fully the Admiral may be back to join them, so it's camera ready just in case. :lol: Goldie :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Looks like we finally had some good weather in the North the wind was cold though, you still needed a coat but the Sun was lovely :D
We had a visit from two Admiral's in the Garden this morning, much to my surprise because the wind was cold and a Small White payed us a visit and shared a flower with a Bee :lol:

I was taking shots of both, when from above I heard a familiar noise for this time of year and looking up I spotted the Geese on the move that really means Autumn's here :roll: Not sure if they were coming into Martin Mere or taking off from Penn Flash :?

Later I decided to throw a few Grapes out for the Black Birds , what I didn't expect to see was the little Mouse tucking in to one :roll: I went out thinking it would run a way but it's eyes were closed so I got a shot and when it did see me it ran off :D I'm hoping it was a mouse and not a rat :shock: No more Grapes I think! :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_a474.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a46d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a470.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a48d.jpeg
IMG_4146.jpg
IMG_4133.jpg
IMG_4134.jpg
fullsizeoutput_a486.jpeg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great set of shots Goldie especially the Bee-Small White combo :D :mrgreen: Also how old were the grapes as the mouse looks like it's a little inebriated :shock: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Fabulous, Goldie! Love the image of the mouse as well as your very welcome butterfly visitors after this week of dire weather.

Things changing for the better from today fortunately. :)

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, many thanks, I think the Mouse was sucking the grape and must have been drunk :lol: either that are it was Sun bathing after all the rain we've been having :lol: It was certainly in some kind of coma to let me get so close :D

Again many thanks David, I was certainly pleased to see those Butterflies :D Not so much the Mouse :lol: we all have to live together though, he lives in the Rockery wall and I've got quite used to it popping in and out now :lol: Just so long has it doesn't start a family. :lol:

We had lovely weather yesterday up to about 5pm and then the heavens opened the Sun was still shining so I knew there must be a rain bow some where, I quickly grabbed my camera and managed to get a quick shot from my Sun room window, I think there was a chance that I'd missed a double Rainbow :roll: I managed to get my Red Rose in there though as well:lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_4162.jpg

millerd

Post by millerd »

You've captured that double bow nicely, Goldie.The second ones are often so faint the camera doesn't pick them up as well as your eye can.

Cheers,

Dave

Return to “Personal Diaries”