Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Trevor

Post by Goldie M »

Glad you found your first Small Copper Trevor, i envy you your Pearl's , :mrgreen: nice photos as well Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Hi Trevor, glad you got your Dukes and that first Green hairstreak is a stunner. That Pearl-bordered Fritillary must be an ab :D

Mike

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Maximus wrote:That Pearl-bordered Fritillary must be an ab :D
Certainly is Trevor...excellent find (and pic!).

Bill :D

"When in doubt - venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Interesting Ab there Trevor, very nicely/heavily marked :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

P1120845.JPG
A visit to Abbots Wood this morning,in almost perfect weather,revealed only three maybe four,
Pearl Bordered Fritillaries. Most welcome was my second Grizzled Skipper of the year, and a perfect
Green Hairstreak which was a bright turquoise in colour, but unfortunately, despite having been seen
twice, did not hang around for the camera.
Another Insect i saw is i think a Clearwing Moth,hopefully someone can give a positive ID.
Something about the atmosphere today told me that the ' June gap ' is not too far away. But after that
we can look forward to the spectaculars in July!.
Tomorrow i'm looking for Dukes, and Friday Marsh Fritillaries.

Best wishes,
TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120843.JPG
P1120844.JPG
CLEARWING ?
CLEARWING ?

Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Some nice images, Trevor :wink:

Your 'clearwing' is actually a Scorpion Fly Panorpa germanica

Regards,

Bill :D

"When in doubt -venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Thats a female Scorpionfly Trever, Panorpa sp. cool little critters, one of my favourite non lepi insects :). Got some male pics today which I shall post in my PD shortly.

'Edit' dammit Bill you got there first!

Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the ID., Bill and Buggy. I had never seen one before, but the general shape plus antenae
suggested a Moth. I live and learn.

Best wishes,
TREVOR.

trevor

Post by trevor »

P1120944.JPG
An early start today meant 2 hours Butterflying before heading for work. I could never have predicted
the action packed morning that lay ahead. I arrived on site about 8am and straight away spotted a Duke
of Burgundy warming up on a leaf ( still there when i left ). About 8.15 the Dingy Skippers started to stir
together with the Green Hairstreaks and both were soon whizzing around everywhere.
Until today i had never seen a Green Hairstreak nectaring, only posing on leaves, but several were
seen taking nectar from Hawthorn blossom,making for some nice images.
Also seen, a Large White and Common Blue. All images taken between 8am and 9.30am !.

TREVOR
Attachments
LOVELY NEW DUCHESS.
LOVELY NEW DUCHESS.
P1120947.JPG
P1120942.JPG
P1120946.JPG
P1120943.JPG
P1120948.JPG
P1120949.JPG
P1120950.JPG
P1120945.JPG

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Fantastic photos of the Hair Streaks Trevor, I've never seen them either on flowers before they look even greener :D Goldie :D

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Lovely Hairstreaks, my first ever Green Hairstreak was nectaring on a daisy, since then though I've only ever seen them basking or attempting to lay eggs.

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking Duke and Greenstreak shots Trevor :mrgreen: I'goning to my Duke site for the fourth time this weekend, I have heard that they've started emerging there (finally) so fingers crossed.

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

A BUTTERFLY UTTERLY SUITED TO THE DAY.....DINGY!
A BUTTERFLY UTTERLY SUITED TO THE DAY.....DINGY!
A planned trip to Wiltshire today, for Marsh Fritillaries, went horribly wrong!.
I left home at dawn under clear skies, in the Portsmouth area i drove into cloud, and by Salisbury
it was raining. At my destination low cloud, mist and drizzle welcomed me :cry:
After an hour i headed back to Sussex, stopping off on the way to visit a site known for Blues.
Here i found Small Blue, Holly Blue, Common Blue and Brown Argus all singletons as by this time
the cloud cover had reached Sussex.

TREVOR.
Attachments
SMALL BLUE
SMALL BLUE
COMMON BLUE
COMMON BLUE
BROWN ARGUS
BROWN ARGUS
SMALL BLUE
SMALL BLUE
COMMON BLUE
COMMON BLUE
FEMALE HOLLY BLUE
FEMALE HOLLY BLUE

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Trevor,

That is some great early morning action the other day :D

Cheers,

Neil

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Love the Blues Trevor, not out here yet Goldie :D

trevor

Post by trevor »

A quick visit to the Downs this morning produced a couple of very fresh Common
Blues.

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1130034.JPG
P1130033.JPG
P1130035.JPG

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Lovely recent photos Trevor, great Green Hairstreaks and Dukes/Duchess :D

Mike

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Nice blues Trevor, at last I saw some as well :lol: Goldie :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Nice selection of blues Trevor :D I'm sorry the Marsh Frit site didn't work out - blooming weather spoiling the best laid plans :evil:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

A trip this morning to see Adonis Blue failed. But i did find my first Wall Browns of the year , and as a bonus
i managed images of both Male and Female ! The zoom on my camera came in very handy ! :lol:

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1130049.JPG
P1130050.JPG
P1130051.JPG

Return to “Personal Diaries”