Marmari

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
millerd

Re: Marmari

Post by millerd »

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Congratulations!

Dave

Diary entries for 2012 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
marmari

Post by marmari »

?
Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diary entries for 2012 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
marmari

The Small Blues at Whiteways Quarry Carpark

Post by marmari »

/
Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Well done again Peter, thats absolutely brilliant.

I went over to Walter`s Copse with Mark Colvin, and did`nt see one. :mrgreen:

All the best,

Nick.

marmari

Post by marmari »

Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

You're starting to annoy me now Peter with all your delectable sightings! :lol: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

Wurzel wrote:You're starting to annoy me now Peter with all your delectable sightings!

Perhaps we should send all such people to the Czech Republic, so they can join Marek!

Mike

marmari

Post by marmari »

Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David M

Post by David M »

marmari wrote:it would be nice to think that the Large Tortoiseshell is a natural resident on the Isle of Wight and breeding.
That's a wonderful thought and hopefully true.

I daresay it would pay dividends to search for the next generation of adults (as well as any larvae) later on this year.

marmari

Post by marmari »

Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marmari

Post by marmari »

Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Pratt

Post by Ian Pratt »

I was there too this afternoon and saw the same four species, including a tiny grizzled skipper. Good to see a wall brown. :D

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Marmari,

Some lovely photos. Your spring seems so far ahead of ours here in Surrey. I was joined by Mark Colvin yesterday afternoon at Chiddingfold Wood looking
for G.S. and D.S. We came up with nothing, apart from a S.W. which i saw before Mark arrived. But we did get good views of Nightingales as a bonus :D .
I don`t expect to see G.S. for at least another week, and D.S. not for another two weeks.

All the best,

Nick.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Wall, Grizzlie,Dingy and Small Copper? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

The colours on the Wall are stunning - what a beauty :D

Lee

To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
David M

Post by David M »

This certainly seems the place to be thus far in 2012, with Large Tortoiseshells making an appearance along with all the other early species.

marmari

Post by marmari »

Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Enough!I can't take any more of this envy :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

marmari

Post by marmari »

Last edited by marmari on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David M

Post by David M »

marmari wrote:Today after a very wet start the sun came out by mid-morning.A short drive along the coast to Glanville country and a wander over the clifftops.It was certainly blowing a hoolee and if anything was about it was keeping its head down
Better luck at wonderland carpark where I wanted to get a better view of the male Wall which had eluded me yesterday.Still a bit breezy there but sheltered, and soon spotted a male and female Wall.

I sometimes feel you're living in a foreign country, Marmari. Please keep up with the reports as we all need to bear in mind that this IS the UK and there ARE hotspots where things don't pan out conventionally. You are very fortunate to live in an area such as this and we are fortunate to hear about what goes on there via your diary.

Return to “Personal Diaries”