Painted Lady anyone!?

Discussion forum for sightings.
Deano

Re: Painted Lady anyone!?

Post by Deano »

Hi all.
At last! This morning I finally saw my first Painted Ladies of the year - 2 to be precise.Very annoyingly,I had not got my camera with me,but I was still thrilled to see them on a buddleia bush near Sudbury bus station in Suffolk.I had almost given up on seeing any of this gorgeous species this year,and I would say that these two were freshly hatched,as they looked in pristine condition.I also saw 2 Red Admirals nearby,and I have found these too to be in short supply this year.
Regards
Deano :)
Susie

Post by Susie »

I decided to drag my sorry carcass out for a walk this afternoon (I am off work sick) and came across a Painted Lady. It made all the pain worth while!! :lol:

Pete Woodruff

Post by Pete Woodruff »

Congratulations to Rosy and Deano, two of a minority of people to see Painted Lady in 2008. I have just viewed a five day weather forecast for the North of England and can assure you I have NO chance of adding to my total of two over these next five days to a miserable list for 2008.

Pete Woodruff.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Don't give up hope, Pete, you never know what may turn up. I didn't expect to see that one yesterday.

Return to “Sightings”