Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Trevor

Post by trevor »

P1120453.JPG
As the weather was looking rather unsettled this morning I decided not to venture too far.
This turned out to be one of my better decisions because a Female Holly Blue was spotted by
complete chance sheltering, low down, from the wind. I spent about 20 mins. hoping for the sun
to appear, which it did briefly,and she obligingly opened her wings, revealing the most stunning
blue on an almost perfect specimen. Without a doubt this was the best encounter I have ever had
with a Holly Blue, :D

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120454.JPG
P1120451.JPG
P1120452.JPG

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
kevling

Post by kevling »

Great Holly Blue shots Trevor. They are not always the easiest to photo open winged and I was happy when I got some myself a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff.

Regards Kev

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Excellent shots of a spring female Holly Blue! Nice one!

Cheers,

- Pete

Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
David M

Post by David M »

Boy oh boy, that's an encounter to die for, Trevor.

She's posing beautifully.

You did really well.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

That's a lovely Holly Blue trevor :D superb Pearls too :D

Mike

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Fantastic open winged shots Trevor :mrgreen: :mrgreen: simply lovely Goldie :D

millerd

Post by millerd »

Hi Trevor - wonderful female Holly Blue. Beautiful deep colour and a superb pose - they don't come any more open or balanced than that. :D

Dave

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Trevor,

great photos of the Holly Blue. Well done.

All the best, Nick.

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Everyone,
Many thanks for the kind messages concerning the Holly Blue images. For me it was almost like one
of those Purple moments.
Today I witnessed wings of a different kind, when a Hurricane flew over Horsted Keynes. With the VE day
anniversary celebrations recently, I though it appropriate to post some images of the flypast .

Best wishes,
TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120525.JPG
P1120524.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

P1120579.JPG
With the forecast for a warm day, I set out early to the old railway cutting.
On arrival all was quiet, just the odd Speckled Wood for the first hour or so. But then the Orange Tips
began to put on a show. But the grand finale, as i was heading back to the car, another Female
Holly Blue landed near by. Close inspection revealed a beautiful specimen, and she was almost
as obliging as the one the other day !.

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120578.JPG
P1120575.JPG
P1120581.JPG
P1120576.JPG

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

I'll join in the praise for those Holly Blues, stunning pics :)

Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

THE OLD RAILWAY, HAILSHAM, THERE'S A FREE CAR PARK BEHIND THE CAMERA.
THE OLD RAILWAY, HAILSHAM, THERE'S A FREE CAR PARK BEHIND THE CAMERA.
Some images from the old railway in Hailsham, including a view of the site.
Lots of Holly Blues today, and some welcome Green Veined Whites.

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120620.JPG
P1120623.JPG
P1120622.JPG
P1120621.JPG

Willrow

Post by Willrow »

I'm in awe of your wonderful open-winged posing Holly Blue Trevor...great stuff :wink:

Regards,

Bill :D

"When in doubt - venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

Great Holly Blue shots Trevor. Not an easy butterfly to get!!!!

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic Holly Blue shots Trevor :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

You have certainly mastered the art of getting great shots of Holly Blues Trevor. Some great images there which I have never managed to achieve with this species.

trevor

Post by trevor »

MY FIRST DINGY SKIPPER OF 2015
MY FIRST DINGY SKIPPER OF 2015
I was on a Butterfly high today!.
With no fewer than four new species, for this year, in one day!. First on the scene was a skirmish between a
Duke and a Green Hairstreak. When they broke off I managed an image of both of them. Next a Duke disturbed
a Dingy Skipper,and despite several chases the Dingy Skipper always returned to the same perch.
Later in the day I managed an image of my first Small Heath of the year.
In short, weather fabulous, Butterflies fabulous :D .

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120737.JPG
P1120738.JPG
P1120735.JPG
P1120741.JPG
TWINS !
TWINS !

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

You're doing very well this spring Trevor! I like how the lower Green Hairstreak is looking up at the higher one. I suspect a duel is imminent. :wink:

Best Wishes

James

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great to see that you got your Dukes Trevor :D I need to get mine now :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

Pearl Bordered Fritillary AB?
Pearl Bordered Fritillary AB?
A further visit to Abbots Wood today for Pearl Bordered Fritillaries ,found them very active.
The cloudy conditions when i left home, had given way to strong sunshine by the time i arrived on site.
Among those seen was one that could qualify as an ab. with extra, dark markings.
I also found my first Small Copper of the year,sampling wild Strawberry flowers. Unfortunately this
specimen was quite worn but very welcome .

All the best ,
TREVOR.
Attachments
P1120805.JPG
P1120804.JPG
P1120803.JPG
P1120806.JPG
P1120800.JPG
P1120801.JPG

Return to “Personal Diaries”