Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Trevor

Post by trevor »

How can I put this, well, I have found another memory card from 2012, or to be more precise a card that
contains many images of my old railway carriage, which also has some Butterflies on it. It was the Butterflies
I had overlooked.

Anyway here are some Small Pearl Bordered Fritillaries from Park Corner Heath BC. Reserve.
2012 was the last year that they were plentiful there.

TREVOR
Attachments
RSCN8238.JPG
RSCN8240.JPG
RSCN8239.JPG
RSCN8243.JPG
RSCN8241.JPG

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely photo's Trevor they remind me of June at Gaits Barrow Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely images indeed Trevor :mrgreen: , just a pity they were of the last of the line :(

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

On 29th May 2012 I went to Toternhoe quarry in Bedfordshire, guided by a local enthusiast.
This is a good site for Dukes, but these were past their best, the surprise of the day was the presence
of a large number of Small Blues. But the biggest surprise came when about six of them took a liking to
my shoes!, chasing me as I walked. When I stopped several landed on my shoe ( see image )!.
A day I shall never forget.
Attachments
A LIKING FOR SHOES!
A LIKING FOR SHOES!
RSCN8252.JPG
RSCN8254.JPG
RSCN2095.JPG
RSCN8255.JPG

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great shoe shots Trevor :D I've not seen that behaviour in that species before, perhaps they were suffering from delusions of granduer and confused themselves with His Nibbs? :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

I've been experimenting with my FZ 38, so that i'm ready for the new season. I must say that,so far, i am
very impressed with it's capabilities . Today i pointed it at the moon, and for a hand held shot, i was most
surprised to be able to to see some of the craters on it's surface.
Attachments
P1100102.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI All,

This morning I went on my first Butterfly expedition of 2015, to Park Corner Heath BC. reserve.
With a chilly wind blowing I thought my chances of seeing anything would be slim, but I soon saw a pristine
male Brimstone, my first this year, enjoying the sun.
Unfortunately my best shot has a shadow over part of the Butterfly.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Here is the shot of the Brimstone,i've had to crop it as the original file was too big !.
Attachments
P1100138.JPG

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lucky you Trevor, seems like the Brimstones are definitely on the move, Goldie :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Congrats at getting off the mark Trevor :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

.Firstly, cheers Goldie and Wurzel,
One of my springtime pleasures is seeing the Daffodils burst into flower, and some years ago i caught
the bug of collecting some of the miniature species and hybridizing them. Unfortunately,one year they
were wiped out for some unknown reason. But this year one has emerged on my patio, obviously a stray
seed ( Ants carry them off ). The fifty pence piece gives an idea of scale.
This is probably the smallest Daffodil growing in sussex, unless you know different :lol: .
And congratulations to all of you who have posted images from the past weekend, I think some are of prize
winning quality!.

All the best,
TREVOR
Attachments
N, ASTURIENSIS X N, CYCLAMINEUS
N, ASTURIENSIS X N, CYCLAMINEUS

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

A great start to 2015 with that Brimstone,Trevor :D and that Daffodil is tiny :shock:

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI All,

A visit to a local woodland this afternoon produced my first Peacock of the year.

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1100190.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI All,

This afternoon i went for a short walk in Abbot's Wood , unsurprisingly no Butterflies were seen.
But I did stumble across this very active Wood Ant's nest, one of many to be found there.

Waiting for Spring !
TREVOR.
Attachments
P1100209.JPG

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

You can almost hear the rustling of the Wood Ants, Trevor. We're all waiting for spring!

David M

Post by David M »

Wow! That's not a sighting, Trevor, it's an infestation!!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks Maximus and David,

The ride where the Wood Ants were found is host to about a dozen nests , at their peak they look like
large compost heaps. And yes I could here them rustling.
Also Pearl Bordered Fritillaries are found along this ride,but now in fewer numbers. hopefully 2015
will be a better year for them!.

Best wishes,
TREVOR.

trevor

Post by trevor »

This morning a male Brimstone visited my garden,sampling some of my Primroses.
Although it made frequent stops to visit various flowers it did not stop for long enough for a decent shot.
Never the less it's nice easy Butterflying when they visit me :D.

All the best,
TREVOR.
Attachments
P1100229.JPG

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

For a spring Brimstone that's a pretty decent shot - they are pains at this time of year as all they want to do is fly and feed, fly and feed - understandably really but annoying in terms of photography :D .

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Everyone,

A real treat for me to-day. I popped out into the garden with a lunchtime coffee and there was this
beautiful Comma nectaring on my Daphne Odora. This was despite the strong almost stormy wind !
Fortunately I had time to grab my camera :D .

TREVOR.
Attachments
P1100255.JPG
P1100256.JPG
COMMA, HAILSHAM, 1.00pm
COMMA, HAILSHAM, 1.00pm

Return to “Personal Diaries”