Zonda

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Zonda

Re: Zonda

Post by Zonda »

If you could post a truly awful photo, Zonda, we'd all feel a lot better :)
Just wait till i have to start on butterflies,,, then you'll see some.

Its the same discipline tho,,,,,, PATIENCE!
And the closer you can get,,,, the better. :D

Ha Ha! Jack cant tell a sheep from a cow..... :wink:

Diary entries for 2011 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Zonda wrote:shots like this Greenfinch are not that difficult.
:mrgreen: (again!) I too feel I would have some way to go to replicate shots of your avian beauty.
Jack Harrison wrote:This sheep was easy enough this afternoon. My i/d skills are a little poor, so any help would be appreciated.
Moo.....

Cheers

Lee

Diary entries for 2011 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Lovely photo as usual Zonda.
at the weekend I was sitting in the lounge playing around with my new lumix and even this wood pigeon wasn't impressed with my efforts :)
wp.jpg
but it was good timing as i managed to catch this record short (just about) of a female Brambling
Bram.jpg
not bad from the sofa and 50ft+ away i thought :)
now as well as getting a macro lens for it i'm considering a telephoto and see how i get on. and after visiting south Dorset for some lessons ;)

Chris

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Taken on the winterbourne in the next village to mine. This was an exposing nightmare for a 'JPEG fine' shooter like myself. White bird, dark background, bright sun, and black legs. No wonder the near leg has disappeared into the background, and no,,,, i wont be shooting RAW in the immediate future, i'm far too lazy, and don't possess 45 memory cards. :lol:
PS I might try and pull that leg out of the darkness. :wink:

Last edited by Zonda on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Paul Wetton

Post by Paul Wetton »

Zonda

I'm truly impressed with your bird photos. That Greenfinch is absolutely stunning even if it is just a garden bird.

Quite right alot of patience is required for most wildlife subjects that move. Not so much for flowers or fungi.

Patience and a bit of luck always helps.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing some butterfly shots from you this year.

Cheers Paul

Post by Jack Harrison »

Zonda:
This was an exposing nightmare
Little Egrets should never have been allowed in the country in 1996. I blame the last Conservative Government.

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

I'll blame any conservative government, for most things. Even the worldwide recession, and credit crunch,,,,, even tho they were out of power. That's just me tho.
If you wanna make things worse than they are,,,,, here's David, and he's set on getting his own back for 15 years in the wilderness. I'm feeling the Maggie's children effect, and millions will too. People have very short memories, and gawd,,, i'm talking politics tut,, tut. :shock:

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

Jack Harrison wrote:Little Egrets should never have been allowed in the country in 1996.
Jack
No, no Egrets

Charles

:lol: :lol:

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Is that an Edith Piaf moment Charles? :lol:

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

The Walker Brothers wasn't it....?

LH

To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Nah!..... The Johnny walker Brothers. :shock:

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Zonda

I'm truly impressed with your bird photos. That Greenfinch is absolutely stunning even if it is just a garden bird.

Quite right alot of patience is required for most wildlife subjects that move. Not so much for flowers or fungi.

Patience and a bit of luck always helps.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing some butterfly shots from you this year.
Thankyou for the praise Paul, i'm doing my best.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Paul Wetton

Post by Paul Wetton »

You're doing an excellent job worthy of the praise.

Cheers Paul

Post by Jack Harrison »

No more of these common birds Zonda. How about showing us a Purple Heron or a Cattle Egret or if you want an easy-peasy bird, a Green-winged Teal?

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

So,,,, it's rarities you want. This one is very rare in the UK (in the wild). The Radipole Hoody chillin' in the sun yesterday.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Enter that picture in "Wildlife Photographer of the Year" or whatever it's called. That is a stunning photo.

But as a personal preference I would have preferred a slightly less tight crop, but that's entirely a personal view.

Jack

Paul Wetton

Post by Paul Wetton »

Saw this fella a couple of years ago. Unfortunately in eclipse plumage.

Cheers Paul

Post by Zonda »

But as a personal preference I would have preferred a slightly less tight crop,
Me too Jack,,,, its a UKB crop.

He's a stunner alright Paul, and much photographed. They have a birthday party for him every year (two so far). He must get very lonely in the breeding season. I was told there is one in Scotland, but that's a long way to go for a bit of nookie, and anyway imagine getting all the way there and being faced with another male.......... In a Kilt. EW!! :lol:

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Zonda wrote:
But as a personal preference I would have preferred a slightly less tight crop,
Me too Jack,,,, its a UKB crop.
Actually, it's a browser crop. Some browsers will give you a horizontal scrollbar to see the full image. Otherwise, the full URL is:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_wGSR ... %20001.jpg

Cheers,

- Pete

Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Actually, it's a browser crop.
Oops! Thats me told,,,,,,sorry young Peter, i just assumed,,, as usual. :wink:

Cheers,,, Zonda.

Return to “Personal Diaries”