Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Katrina

Post by Goldie M »

Nice photos of the Dingy's Katrina, just read their out at Warton Craig in the lake District can't wait to see them Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I love it when Dingies pull that pose Katrina, great shot :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Katrina,

I love the 'double Dingy' shot from Mill Hill, a great pose :D

Cheers,

Neil.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you for your encouraging comments on the Dingy photos!
Today I went back to Heyshott and saw some more Dukes. On the way back I stopped at Kithurst and saw my first Small Copper and Small Blues of the year.
Attachments
DSC05624.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

All these Duke images are making me envious!

I'm glad you managed to find them, Katrina. They're one of spring's most precious species.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I know what you mean David - I've visited my 'Duke site' three times now and nowt :( Cracking closed wing shot Katrina :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Katrina

Malling Down

Post by Katrina »

I went to Malling Down today and saw my first Adonis Blue, Common Blue and Wall Brown of the year. Other butterflies seen were Brown Argus, Green Hairstreaks, Brimstones, Dingy Skippers and Red Admirals
Attachments
DSC05721.JPG
DSC05786.JPG
DSC05815.JPG
DSC05858.JPG

Willrow

Post by Willrow »

A really lovely selection of photographs Katrina...that's a stunning Adonis Blue.

Regards,

Bill :D

"When in doubt - venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Wow, definately mating season in your neck of the woods :lol: great shots!

Some addictions are good for the soul!
David M

Post by David M »

Aaah! Adonis Blue!

Summer is surely just round the corner.

Excellent image, Katrina.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shots Katrina, you've certainly got the weather where you live, what a great selection. Goldie :D

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Today I went back to Heyshott. Weather a bit grey again. I saw some Dukes but I didn't manage to spot any Pearl-Bordered Fritillaries .
Attachments
DSC05881.JPG
DSC05905.JPG
DSC05913.JPG
DSC05979.jpg
DSC05992.JPG

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shots Katrina, the Butterflies look so delicate Goldie :D

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Goldie.
Yesterday late afternoon I visited Mill Hill - plenty of Adonis Blues, Common Blues and Dingy Skippers about. Also some Small Heath, Walls, Grizzled Skippers and Brimstones.
Attachments
DSC06043.JPG
DSC06046.JPG

Katrina

Hutchinson's Bank

Post by Katrina »

I went to Hutchinson's Bank today. I arrived just before one and after driving through clouds and sunshine it decided to rain just before I arrived. Fortunately it was just a passing shower and I quickly spotted a man with a camera and tripod (Graham) who had found two Glanvilles. He was photographing one on the fence and kindly pointed out a roosting one on a flower to me. Many thanks to Graham as it was the only one I saw today. Thanks also to MrSp0ck who showed me round the site. Other butterflies seen were Common Blues, Small Heaths , a Speckled Wood and a Dingy Skipper.
Attachments
DSC06074.JPG
DSC06086.JPG
DSC06091.JPG
DSC06106.JPG
Last edited by Katrina on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSp0ck

Post by MrSp0ck »

Katrina

Im glad you saw one Glanville today, the weather was not good for butterfly spotting, we only saw one more Glanville this afternoon, The one you photographed looks quite fresh so it looks like they are still emerging in that lower paddock.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

I walked between Chantry and Kithurst Hill today. At Chantry I saw Brown Argus, Common Blues, a pair of Small Heaths, Dingy Skippers,a Peacock, Brimstones and some worn Green Hairstreaks in the grass. I also saw 3 Wall Browns. In between I saw some Red Admirals and Green-Veined Whites. At Kithurst I saw Common Blues, about 6 Small Blues, a few Dingy Skippers, Brimstones and my first Holly Blue of the year (looking a bit worn). On the way back at Chantry I saw 2 Painted Ladies - again my first of the year.
Attachments
DSC06140.JPG
DSC06153 - Version 2.jpg
DSC06174.JPG

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Lovely Glanville pictures Katrina, glad you got one there. You've got to pick your day carefully with these fussy little blighters! :)

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks bugboy, I consider myself lucky for seeing one in the circumstances! :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely Glanville shots Katrina :D If only they weren't so far away from me :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”