Reverdin

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Reverdin

Re: Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Thanks :D .... but do you think the little black spot looks a bit ominous where the silk thread passes over... ? parasitized :( ???
I suppose I'll find out eventually

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

I see what you mean. It does look as if something gave it an injection - but there might be some other explanation. It should pupate properly within a few days, then you might get a better look (or if it doesn't, then sadly it has succumbed).

It's stressful, this wild early stage watching! Most of our wards are inevitably doomed ... :( It has to be thus.

Guy

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Took a trip to the North Yorkshire Large Heath colony today, with reasonable results, fresh butterflies, maybe 10 or so in all, on a warm, still, partly cloudy day. I think by it's behaviour, the Small Pearl was emergent.
IMG_5307_edited-1.jpg
IMG_5500_edited-1.jpg
IMG_5429_edited-1.jpg
IMG_5437_edited-1.jpg
IMG_5487_edited-1.jpg
:D

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Just out of interest... scotica subspecies of tullia...
140711 C.jpg
140711d C.jpg
had to endure "trench foot" to get these shots, in the vicinity of Loch Garten :D

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Saw some rather pretty things today at one of Northern England's last natural outposts of aethiops - I have been trying for a while to get a half decent shot of an icarus without much luck, but these two today were exceptional ( individuals, not shots :roll: ).... any comments on the amount of white on the male? - they are scales, not wear!! :?
IMG_6586_edited-1.jpg
IMG_6553_edited-1.jpg
and aethiops are present in small numbers at the moment..
IMG_6523_edited-1.jpg
:D :D

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

I am trying to re-do a website of butterfly pictures, mainly for myself and a few friends, but it is here http://ptkbutterflies.wix.com/photo-art if anyone wishes to see. It is very unfinished, but will act as a rolling project. Please feel free to ignore :D :D

peterc

Post by peterc »

Some fantastic images on your website Reverdin. I can see that it will always be an ongoing project for you particularly if you want to add the known aberrations of each species. Good luck with it

Peter

Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

I'd forgotten what a brilliant photographer you were, Paul! A stunning new site - I must add it to my links pages asap.

Guy

Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Hi chaps.. many thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it very much indeed.....
er.. Guy, I've just emailed you another link before I saw you replied here, sorry, thought you might not have seen this bit... sorry again :roll:
what's the etiquette in adding site links?... I would love to put links on mine to yours Guy, and Roger's, and maybe Matt's... do I just do it, or should I be asking???.... and Guy, are you sure you want to link to my rather more humble attempt... hahahaha :D

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Christened 2015 with this one from my garden last week. A late start, but a surprize Green=veined White to kick off, with Peacock, Comma and Small Tortoiseshell all on the same, Easter day. Went looking later for Green hairstreaks locally, but I reckon they are 2 weeks away yet up here.
150410 NZ202003 P.jpg

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Love the Comma the colour on the wing really stands out. Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Always good looking Goldie :D
Today bought my warmest day so far, and my first Orange Tips..
150417  A. cardamines  7428_edited-1.jpg
Decided to see if the Green Hairstreaks are about, found only one, but at least didn't come up empty handed.
150417  C. rubi  7451_edited-1.jpg
IMG_7439.jpg
The moorland shot is for context, this gully is where the Green Hairstreaks fly every year, high in Swaledale.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Nice shots Reverdin, :mrgreen: I'll be on the look out in the next few days the temperatures are going into the teens so hope fully I'll see some thing, I've not got those two yet Goldie :D

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Orange Tip today..
IMG_7590_edited-1.jpg

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

A couple more local Green Hairstreaks this morning...
IMG_7703_edited-1.jpg
IMG_7751_edited-1.jpg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That final Greenstreak is a little gem Reverdin :mrgreen: :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Thanks, it got there all on it's own, but I was trying to encourage some sort of photogenic background... anyway, it did the job spontaneously!!

Female Orange Tip, laid up today on Garlic Mustard in the garden....
IMG_7884_edited-1.jpg
PS... just graduated to I-phone and downloaded Lepidapp - looks good guys... just ask if you want a photo of a female Silvery Argus :P http://ptkbutterflies.wix.com/photo-art ... rgus/c1woc
Last edited by Reverdin on Thu May 28, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

I am just back home from a week on the South Downs, and although the weather was mixed, visits to Fontmell, Compton and Martin Downs, along with Durlston Country Park, provided me some memorable moments, such as the following.....
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Male Adonis
Also, my first ever female Adonis photo..
Female Adonis
Female Adonis
Other species...
Male Common Blue
Male Common Blue
Male Small Blue
Male Small Blue
Brown Argus
Brown Argus
Green Hairstreak
Green Hairstreak
Marsh Frit
Marsh Frit
Marsh Frit
Marsh Frit
Grizzled Skipper
Grizzled Skipper
Grizzled Skipper
Grizzled Skipper
Dingy Skipper
Dingy Skipper
Very enjoyable week :D

kevling

Post by kevling »

Reverdin,

Lovely sequence of photos from your trip to the Downs. The colour of that male Adonis is cracking.

Regards Kev

Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Reverdin wrote:I am just back home from a week on the South Downs
Given the photos, I was sure you were about to say "Alps" somewhere in that sentence, Paul - excellent photos! The Adonis (and especially the female) are corkers :)

Cheers,

- Pete

Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com

Return to “Personal Diaries”