Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Mike, Nick, Bugboy and Wurzel, I sent the photo's to my neighbours and they were really pleased sent me an e-mail back saying their on the look out each day now for it :lol:

I'll have to wait while next week now before I get out again, but if the weather picks up like it did today I just might see the Holly Blue again, my neighbours are going to signal me :lol: Orange Tips next I hope Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Lovely Holly Blue photos, Goldie :D Not an easy subject at all :roll:

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Goldie,

Back to the cool wind down here . If you click on the Large White image the Butterflies will be easier
to make out , I did not have time to get closer.

Best wishes,
TREVOR.

millerd

Post by millerd »

Yes, well done with that Holly Blue, Goldie. I've found that you just have to be patient - they quite often fly off for a while but come back to the same place they started from. :)

Dave

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Millerd,Trevor and Maximus, for your postings, I'm sat here at present and for the next couple of days I've to take things easy, I had my eye operation on Friday and it must have gone well because when I looked in the mirror this morning I shrieked at the sight of the wrinkles :lol: The Sun has come out now and my husbands nearly had to tie me down to stop me going out :D

They've forecast nice weather for next week so I'll have to be patient, but when I've seen all the great photo's today I can't wait :D
Now I'm having the computer taken off me so I better finish off, next time I post I hope to have some thing to show, ( hope fully)
Goldie :D

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

Lovely Holly Blue photos Goldie, I'm still waiting to get a photo I'm happy with, I've not even seen one yet this year. Great stuff :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thank you Butterflysaurus, this weather should start to bring them out now for you, hope you get some photos soon. :D

With the weather being so nice and I was okay I just had to venture out, :D so I went to Hall-Lee-Brook for a quick look round yesterday and again today, I was only there for a short time but I'm glad to say I finally got to see the Orange tip, 4 in all but no photos yet they had other things on their mind :D I did manage my first Brimstone also a Large White and a Speckled Wood so things are happening here at last :D

The Speckled Wood, looked like it's wing was stuck on one side so may be it hadn't been out long, it was great to see them.Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_8938.jpg
IMG_8914.jpg
IMG_8912.jpg
IMG_8911.jpg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great to see things really moving up there now Goldie - you'll soon be out looking for Dukes :D Great Large White shot - they were something of a rarity last year.

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

You're gradually catching up, Goldie - you've trumped me with your female Large White - I've yet to see this delightful specimen thus far in 2015!

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Wurzel and David, I couldn't believe it either when I saw the LW, you usually see the Small White or the Green Veined before them so I was pleasantly surprised :o Goldie :D

David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:Thanks Wurzel and David, I couldn't believe it either when I saw the LW, you usually see the Small White or the Green Veined before them so I was pleasantly surprised :o Goldie :D
Seems like Large Whites may be enjoying a renaissance in 2015 after last year's virtual no show.

Good to see they're putting in an appearance further north too!

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Not posted for a few days, still wearing the eye patch :lol: Today though was cold but lovely in the Sunshine so I decided to go to Hall-Lee-Brook and look in the sheltered places and at last I got my Orange Tip :D not just that but a Green Veined White has well, I couldn't wait to put my OT in my post so I'll have to Finnish my postings to everyone tomorrow I've to get some work done now :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_9041.jpg
IMG_9005.jpg

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Goldie,
I love your Orange Tip image,mine so far were taken on a very windy day , so much so that they couldn't
open their wings flat.

Perhaps another day,
TREVOR.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That is a great OT shot Goldie and beats my efforts so far this year hands down :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Good things come to those who wait, Goldie.

Well done. :)

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Goldie,

nice to see you get your first Orange-tip, and a lovely photo as well.

I hope everything is well with your eye, that the operation was a success, and that you can soon loose the eye-patch.

All the best, Nick.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Nick, I've a few hiccups with the eye but it's much better thank you. :D
Hi ! Wurzel, your bound to get better shots soon if the weather mellows a bit :D
Your right David good things do happen if you wait long enough, trouble is having the Patience :lol:
I was lucky Trevor, I went to the less windy places and this one landed right in front of me :D
I thought I'd put a few more photos in has I was in a hurry last night , it's suppose to rain later today , this morning all the bird baths were frozen and my tulips had all bowed their heads nearly to the ground, but the Sun is out again and things are back to normal thank fully. Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_8928.jpg
IMG_9022.jpg
IMG_9002.jpg
IMG_8991.jpg
IMG_9032.jpg
IMG_9012.jpg

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Goldie,

Hope you get to see some Pearls. Here's a little tip for you, if the day you go is sunny with some cloud, watch
them flying in the sunshine, and where they land. if it then clouds over you can approach them quite
easily. If it's a hot day forget it!. They don't usually fly when it's dull.

Best wishes ,
TREVOR.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I'll do that Trevor, can't wait to see them Goldie :D

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Goldie, glad you got your Orange-tip, nice photo :D

It was a bit nippy here again this morning, the car windscreen had a thin layer of ice on it when I went to work.

Cheers,

Neil.

Return to “Personal Diaries”