Favourite Photo of 2014

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: Favourite Photo of 2014

Post by Pete Eeles »

This has to be my fave :)
Common-Birdwing-(Troides-helena-cerberus)---male---Mae-Nam,-Koh-Samui,-Thailand---13-Sep-13.jpg
Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
David M

Post by David M »

LOL! Have to admit, that genuine photo of a weasel on the back of a Green Woodpecker was right up there in the category of truly jaw-dropping images.

Fair play to the guy who took it. He truly was in the right place at the right time.
Philzoid

Post by Philzoid »

Picking one favourite overall photo is extremely difficult. What is a favourite :? For me it could be something that I got to see in a once in a blue moon opportunity like the Map, or something I'd persevered to get a half decent picture of (Clouded Yellow falls into that category). Then there are the species I have got reasonable shots of already but have managed to get even better ones this season:- Green Hairstreak; Grizzled Skipper and Brown Hairstreak. It could also be one of my favourite common species shots: Ringlet; Comma or Small Skipper.

However I will stick to the rules and state my overall favourite is the courting Orange-tips. It is cropped and tweaked a bit plus I've already posted it, but the colours and composition of the male and female frozen in action wins it for me. :)
2014.04.30 IMG_0795 Orange-tip male courting roosting female, Basingstoke Canal, Sheerwater tr 01 m.jpg
Phil
essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

This is perhaps my favorite picture last year. Orangetips are high on my list of favorites anyway and this one,on mayblossom, for me captures some of the feel of spring. Not only a wonderful time of year,but a time of great promise with the summer to come.
Attachments
o tip hawthorn 028a.JPG

Return to “Photography”