Additional censorship added

Comments on the website and discussion forums, including enhancement requests and bug reports.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Additional censorship added

Post by Pete Eeles »

The forum now includes additional censorship so that unwanted posts are never actually posted. And apologies for those of you who've had to suffer such posts before I've been able to remove them. This should be automatic from now on.

But if anyone needs any *v*i*a*g*r*a*, just let me know. I now know several sites that would welcome your business :)

Cheers,

- Pete
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Pete,
I think a lot of the spam postings would be prevented by allowing only forum members to post.

I understand that this will make it more difficult for guests/new members to post ID questions for example. But it only takes a few mins to register.

A cactus forum I visit a lot did this to solve these problems and they are doing fine!

Anyhoo just a suggestion! ;-)

Check out that cacti forum here : http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/index.php
Wayne
Woundsinger

Post by Woundsinger »

I agree..
But as you state, that would prevent genuine guests with questions about Butterflies from posting..
On a couple of furums I have been on in the past..(Flight sim mainly :oops: :lol: ) I have acted as a moderator.. this was useful when the administrator was a way on holiday etc... As spamming/offensive posts could be taken down daily...
Perhaps a long standing/trusted member of the forum could become a moderator if and/when Peter has to be away for a prolonged period..
??

Return to “Website Comments”