December 2007 Poll?

This is a forum for, primarily, monthly (or so!) photographic competitions that complement the annual competition.
Bryan H

December 2007 Poll?

Post by Bryan H »

Pete,

What happened to votes for the December photo comp?

I see from 'Major Updates' you have been extremely busy with the site but I have become concerned that the non-appearance of a December poll may be due to a lack of applets on my computer.

I had some satsumas left over from Christmas and strategically placed some of these on my computer - but to no avail :)

Bryan
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Were your satsumas version 1.6 or 1.5? There have been some problems with 1.6.

Guy
Bryan H

Post by Bryan H »

Good point, Guy!

I'll make enquiries in Sainsburys tomorrow and let you know what they say!

Bryan
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

No - this is my fault. Too busy working on other things. Expect a poll in the next 10 minutes :)

Cheers,

- Pete
Bryan H

Post by Bryan H »

Bit of a brouhaha in Sainsburys this evening :shock:

I failed to get the marked price reduction on a "be good to yourself" Indian spiced chicken with tomato & mushroom & basmati rice (less than 3% fat) at the checkout.

After queueing at the customer service desk, I finally got a cash refund. I suppose the young lady was looking a bit pressed, but I produced a surplus satsuma from my pocket and politely asked: "Do you think this is a 1.5 or 1.6?"

My feet barely touched the ground, and it's the first time I've been ejected from a store of one of the UK's major supermarket groups.

I think I may have mentioned your name, Pete, by way of a character referee. Hope this doesn't cause any problems :)

Bryan
Martin

Post by Martin »

Bryan H wrote:Bit of a brouhaha in Sainsburys this evening :shock:

I failed to get the marked price reduction on a "be good to yourself" Indian spiced chicken with tomato & mushroom & basmati rice (less than 3% fat) at the checkout.

After queueing at the customer service desk, I finally got a cash refund. I suppose the young lady was looking a bit pressed, but I produced a surplus satsuma from my pocket and politely asked: "Do you think this is a 1.5 or 1.6?"

My feet barely touched the ground, and it's the first time I've been ejected from a store of one of the UK's major supermarket groups.

I think I may have mentioned your name, Pete, by way of a character referee. Hope this doesn't cause any problems :)

Bryan
:lol:
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Things ain't what they were in my day, Bryan, but full marks for trying!!

And bonus marks for use of the word 'brouhaha' - an old French theatrical expression said to have been the cry of the devil disguised as clergy. What better word to describe modern customer relations! :D

Guy

Return to “Competitions”