Marek (The Annoying Czech)

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
The Annoying Czech

Re: Marek (The Annoying Czech)

Post by The Annoying Czech »

cjackson wrote:I see you're enjoying yourself with your new photo kit. I did notice the images of your Russian equipment higher up - it does look like really solid stuff.
That photo of the 2 minimus is great but it makes me wince because coincidentally I had my first sighting of a minimus today, but the quality of my photos with my Panasonic FZ150 does not come up to your level!! Keep 'em coming.
Chris
:D Thanks, of course those lenses are still underprized, respecting its bokeh (!), personality, VERY solid built (body) and sometimes contrast/sharpness, but the prizes are climbing up fast as the demand grows. I may recommend some to anyone interested, but I am not taking the consequences of any kind :D (like curing from a new obsession, bad ebay deal or scratched camera mirror)

I actually tried to substitute my smashed up macro with Tair 300/4.5 (as probably the sharpest old lens I have) with one extension ring with surprisingly pleasing results. Tested on early evening Boloria euphrosyne from various angles (backlight, sidelight, closer, farther) and I think I could go for more detail with more rings actually put on without having troubles with light. Main problem is the lens is really fat and heavyweight, so that I had to improvize with my knee serving as a tripod. Now I am less limited to do less detailed bokeh-oriented shots, but still more or less dependend on early morning/early evening conditions with a very mild sun.

Anyway - in one of the rare (partly) sunny days I tripped to Wallachia and Northern White Carpathian Mts. and its typical juniper pastures.

It has been raining nearly till I came to the locality, but working with old crazy lens in the backlight, this was actually my great advantage (more dew, and longer).

For the time reasons I am not posting and postprocessing everything - too much troubles with work, stupid weather, and general lack of money :D

Take care, dear Islanders :D

Marek
Attachments
Telemegor 180/5.5 experiments
Telemegor 180/5.5 experiments
Lycaena tityrus, Telemegor 180/5.5
Boloria euphrosyne, Tair 300/4.5 + one extension ring
Boloria euphrosyne, Tair 300/4.5 + one extension ring
Melitaea cinxia, Telemegor 180/5.5

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
The Annoying Czech

My macro lens is about to be repaired but for more than half of my monthly wage (it's app. 500 GBP, don't laugh :D) so I have to work more and elsewhere for extra cash. Also, my sleep routine is definitely gone, as I do some overtimes and lot of butterflying (which involves getting up VERY early, or skipping the whole sleeping process). Very nice.

At least I got another lens for free this week, it's Helios 44-2 -a Russian classic I sold twice already :D

Meanwhile, I learnt to use this...

...with some extension rings as a fake-macro. Which was going well so far:
perletovec dvanactitecny, 21.5.2014, moravka.jpg
Actually, despite having old lens only, I've never been happier in field, don't remember having such a fun with lens, because now it is really HARD and CHALLENGING.
perletovec dvanactitecny, 21.5.2014, moravka (2).jpg
Conditions: a Carpathian pasture with BAD orientation for early morning photography, from 7 to 9 a.m., f between 5.5 and 8 or even 11, mostly from shadow but against the sun (not direct sun, that those old lens probably wouldn't handle; a sun flashing by between bushes and scrubs, I had like 30 sec for optimal lighting with Tair... it's almost science :D), my own knee and ant-hill as an improvised tripod
soumracnik jitrocelovy, 20.5.2014, bruzovice.jpg

This German lens...

...does a bit different show...
perletovec dvanactitecny, 21.5.2014, moravka (4).jpg
...having, I think, crappy performance with extension rings (it was obviously put down before taking this set of photos) but best bokeh ever from the lens I've ever holded in my hands. Atmosphere achieved in counter-light from position in shadow.
perletovec dvanactitecny, 21.5.2014, moravka (3).jpg
The lens is NOT sharp (nowadays) but very lightweight and quite fast, very easy (unlike Tair).
palaemon 2.jpg
Another wacky Russian tank, Tair 133...

...bores me a bit but I discovered it reacts quite interestingly under a certain angle against the sun. However, I mostly don't have a time for this, I'd say overall very popular, lens I have in MINT condition :D
19.5.2014 - three suns (tair 133-2.8).JPG
(I just saw my photos are fairly high in Google pics under a "Tair 133" keyword. So it's probably not that popular. It's still just... retro underground :D

In 3 a.m. I'm heading to Palava Mts. and Podyji National Park (Thayatal) in another sleepless night of mine, to see and hopefully shoot mnemosyne, populi, dorylas, athalia etc.

I'll be probably listening Jim Morrison not to fall asleep...

:D ,

Marek

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
William

Post by William »

Those Sooty Coppers and Small Pearl Bordered Fritillaries are stunning Marek :D :D

The Annoying Czech

William wrote:Those Sooty Coppers and Small Pearl Bordered Fritillaries are stunning Marek :D :D
Thanks. It's butterfly conversation about butterfly conservation :D !

The southern trip I wrote about above was rather a photographical disappointment. Clouded Apollos were worn. I was worn.

I fell asleep in a car under a strong sun and suffered a smaller sunburn. Nice.
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5

On the other hand, my chinese EXA to EOS adapter for this has finally arrived:

Some fragments of my recent experiments, with just as trippy and crazy bokeh as I expected. Best old lens bought so far, also the most expensive (and it's getting more and more expensive literally day-by-day, with every other auction).

Get one!
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8

Rest of the photos comes from butterfly monitoring at Moravka Valley, north-eastern Beskydy Mts. Really nice area, a bit butterfly-poor, though (for me). Very nice people actually, I was offered Slivovitza two times (I apparently look trustworthy and harmless with my butterfly equipment). A bit like Eastern Europe, but safer :D

I could travel easily without a single drop of water in there, so many clear brooks, so many wells (with kind owners).
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Tair 300/4.5
Helios 58/2
Helios 58/2
Helios 58/2
Helios 58/2

LMF butterfly is from the swamp in my village, the only solid one, rest of them are in a truly disastrous condition, often wooded (succession).

With (1) and without (2) ISO correction made with my new plug-in. Both photos are a bit wrong, though. Didn't manage to handle the lens right.
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8

And I'm still planning to move into UK with a car this Autumn.

Naviděnou!

Marek

The Annoying Czech

Nothing important happened this days, I continue enjoying switching between my old lens. Also, hundreds of Lesser Marbled Frits have just emerged in the last couple of weeks, but females seems to have a pretty big delay so far. So many fresh males awaits! So I tried to shoot males under various circumstances, as well as with various lens.

(The reason why hundreds, if not thousands on such a small place per season is scarcely, or rather never, mowed bog/moor with expanding Filipendila ulmaria.)

Aren't they beautiful? :D
Meyer Trioplan 100
Meyer Trioplan 100
Meyer Trioplan 100
Meyer Trioplan 100
Tair 300 and the extension rings
Tair 300 and the extension rings
Meyer Trioplan 100
Meyer Trioplan 100
Meyer Trioplan 100
Meyer Trioplan 100
Tair 300
Tair 300

Chris Jackson

Post by Chris Jackson »

Nice photos and comments Marek. One or two of the photos have a slightly blurred background, nothing to do with the Slivovitza by any chance? :)
Chris

The Annoying Czech

cjackson wrote:Nice photos and comments Marek. One or two of the photos have a slightly blurred background, nothing to do with the Slivovitza by any chance? :)
Chris
So you know the local habits :D ...

David M

Post by David M »

Marek, we UK-dwellers aren't familiar with many of your species. Any chance of letting us know what your photographing?

Great images, by the way.

The Annoying Czech

Hi, David.

Actually, there are Sooty Copper, Pearl-bordered Fritillary, Granville Fritillary, SPBF, Chequered Skipper, Queen of Spain Fritillary, Pearly and Chestnut Heaths, Heath Fritillary, New Forest Burnet, Woodland Ringlet and Lesser-marbled Fritillary on the photos (from top to bottom). Lots of Lesser-marbled Fritillaries.

Today I've counted 100+ of those creatures during my transect walk, mostly lingering over flowering raspberries. Even although females are still mostly in pupas.

Could send you some to UK for some crazy introduction without any population stability risks :D

One bonus picture from yesterday's seeking for achines (Woodland Browns). Of course I didn't find any. Our forests are so ugly, so dark. From time to time, they very scarcely occur here from Poland. One colleague of mine was so lucky to find one last year nearby.
16.6.2014 - prilis temne pro achinky.jpg

David M

Post by David M »

Thanks for that, Marek.

Your woods may be lugubrious but your range of species is something we can only fantasise about.

The Annoying Czech

Another trip... was very variable on biotopes and species-rich, good for photography.

This day's aim were limestones in Stramberk, Wallachian meadows and pastures of Lusova valley, and two various White Carpathian steppes, all along the Slovakian border.

Early morning Stramberk was reasonably rich on worn Apollos. Nevermind, it's a little big boring place anyway.
Apollo, Tair 300
Apollo, Tair 300
Apollo - with highly crappy  compositon, Meyer Trioplan 100
Apollo - with highly crappy compositon, Meyer Trioplan 100
Stramberk - Kamenarka, Helios 44-2
Stramberk - Kamenarka, Helios 44-2
As expected, Lusova valley was full of fine species, but I focused on - very fresh and locally very common - big Fritillaries, including somewhat scarcer Niobák :D
Niobe Fritillary, Meyer Trioplan 100
Niobe Fritillary, Meyer Trioplan 100
High Brown Fritillary, Meyer Trioplan 100
High Brown Fritillary, Tair 133
High Brown Fritillary, Tair 133
Even so, it was thermophilic aspect of cascading abandoned pastures of Terasy natural reserve that was most rich on butterflies by far. Huge, huge numbers of Marbled Whites and, most importantly, various lycaenids. Hundreds, if not thousands soon-to-be-sleeping butterflies was the best possible invitation for my damn old lens.

I've seen both Green-underside and Alcon Blue for the first time, nice memories really.
Marbled White, Tair 300
Marbled White, Tair 300
Alcon Blue, Tair 300
Alcon Blue, Tair 300
Green-underside Blue, Tair 300
Green-underside Blue, Tair 300
Drslavice - Terasy, Helios 44-2
Drslavice - Terasy, Helios 44-2
The closure was left over to Certoryje natural reserve, already a classic.
Weaver's Fritillary, Tair 133
Weaver's Fritillary, Tair 133
Weaver's Fritillary, Meyer Trioplan 100
Weaver's Fritillary, Meyer Trioplan 100
Nickerl's Fritillary, Tair 300
Nickerl's Fritillary, Tair 300
Alcon Blue and Niobe Fritillary are actually ranked as CR here. Next aim - tyrphobionts! Ratatatata!

Marek

The Annoying Czech

So I arrived to a selected cranberry moors at Czech Canada... As early as possible not to miss the best sunlight...
Cranberry Fritillary, biotope
Cranberry Fritillary, biotope
And not to miss some of its gems vulnerable, moveless, fresh and covered with dew...
Cranberry Fritillary, Tair 133
Of course many damn roads has been closed on my way, as it is very usual in the heart of Europe... So, according EXIFs, I barely photographed before 8 a.m.
Strangely, it turned to be the site most successful on photos by far...
Cranberry Fritillary, Trioplan 100
Cranberry Fritillary, Trioplan 100
Aquilonaris was pretty numerous, yet not seen anywhere else... Males, females... Some almost riding on the pale horse, some just hatching into this world...
Cranberry Fritillary, Trioplan 100 stopped down at f/5.6
Cranberry Fritillary, Trioplan 100 stopped down at f/5.6
Diamina, another nice hydrophilous butterfly
False Heath Fritillary, Trioplan 100
False Heath Fritillary, Trioplan 100

During my specific site monitorings I encountered some really crazy marshy places - and at one of them I made equally crazy photos of considerably hungry and aggressive Large Walls, battling for one or two twistles
Large Wall Brown, Telemegor 180
I switched from one lens to another and didn't see a thing in the strong noon sun so no picture was really sharp but, on the other hand, I've never caught such an interesting scene...

And this is my favourite I value the most from the whole year so far
This was a lovely find too - Hungarian Glider spreading westwards. Even this animal is able to colonise sunny shores of the bogs. As you may see from PP, snapped under a very bad conditions
Hungarian Glider, Telemegor 180
Hungarian Glider, Telemegor 180
Amanda's Blues where somehow present as well. Generally said, the whole area is apparently cold but yet (very) good for butterflies, not mentioning beauty of the landscape
Amanda's Blue, Trioplan 100
Amanda's Blue, Trioplan 100

Family of local landscape photos by Ivan Kozlík
8f34c3c694_67033776_o2.jpg
0048ebdcc1_67033640_o2.jpg
e00d5cc7df_67033769_o2.jpg
e507e0c96c_67033621_o2.jpg
79f9ab5a4d_67033667_o2.jpg
6768619d6c_67033679_o2.jpg

Very important is my car still holds together somehow :D ...
My good old Clapustine
My good old Clapustine

I stopped at one Southern Moravian steppe canyon site on my way home during another bloody detour
Mohelenska hadcova Step, Southern Moravia
Mohelenska hadcova Step, Southern Moravia
My Trioplan was very solid here under quite strong late afternoon sun
Nine-spotted Moth, Trioplan 100
Nine-spotted Moth, Trioplan 100
I tried to snap a nice Spotted Fritillary as a sweet ending, but I was too tired and the biotope was too windy, so it was just rubbish

To be continued later, Marek

David M

Post by David M »

Wow! Is Hungarian Glider a Czech species, Marek?

The Annoying Czech

David M wrote:Wow! Is Hungarian Glider a Czech species, Marek?
Hi, most definitely. Probably an Austrian too, haven't checked it yet but makes sense.

The species is very local but tend to be very common, if not dominant, in the area of distribution as its host plant, Spiraea sp., tend to be common (if not dominant) in the area of ponds, bogs and swampy river/pond shores.

Since the host plant is spreading and the butterfly is known to be very capable colonisator, it is often found in the distribution border areas, like in my case. However those animals are usually too nimble to photograph.

Mostly, Spiraea sp. present = Hungarian Glider present. Unlike Cranberry Fritillary. Seen host plant 5-10x during monitoring, but the sole Cranberry Frit population.

Btw, I consider the best Hungarian Glider biotopes to be too ingrowing, unkept and ugly. In nicer, well-kept and widely butterfly-friendly biotopes Gliders tend to be rather solitary, colonising just a few Spiraeas growing at the meadow/forest shores and so on. Also at the shores of bogs/swamps.

Here are some commoners from my village and northern valleys of Beskydy Mts. (another monitoring, but far more boring). Those ones could be more familiar to you.
Meadow Brown, Trioplan 100
Meadow Brown, Trioplan 100
Marbled White, Triotar 135
Marbled White, Triotar 135

The Annoying Czech

A short report from two monitorings of Czech Canada and Moravka valley in the northern Beskydy Mts.
Ringlet, Tair 133/2.8
Ringlet, Tair 133/2.8
False Heath Fritillary, Tair 133/2.8
False Heath Fritillary, Tair 133/2.8
Mr. machaon, if you meet many of those, you could get an overdose :D
Swallowtail, Trioplan 100/2.8
If I recall correctly, this was an early morning frozen situation
Those animals was actually pretty deep in the forests! Couldn't believe to see them fresh in early July. Two weeks later the second generation was already on the wing.
Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary, Tair 133/2.8
Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary, Tair 133/2.8
Couple of hours later I was a bit bored with a normal Swallowtail photos, so I tried something fiery. Did not end up as I expected, though.
Those were tame. Both Purple Emperors and Lesser Purple Emperors.
Purple Emperor, Trioplan 100/2.8
Purple Emperor, Trioplan 100/2.8
Purple Emperor, Tair 133
Purple Emperor, Tair 133
Meadow Brown, Northern Beskydy Mts., Trioplan 100/2.8
Meadow Brown, Northern Beskydy Mts., Trioplan 100/2.8
Between those two trips I got back my Canon lens repaired for a really dismal amount of money. So I was absolutely ready to produce very sharp but also very boring "normal" photos again :D
Weaver's Fritillary, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Weaver's Fritillary, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Tried to change this pretty soon, though. The colors may be very nice but the sun is somehow regular with the modern lens. Putting old lends on, the sun would be pretty irregular, coned and sexy.
Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
As a photo target, HBF was a PROBLEM for years, actually. So I could one nice looking female, let her freeze at night in the net and got up before the sun once again.
High Brown Fritillary, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Not caring about sharpness that much, I consider Trioplan shot to be better again. But this one is probably technically best I have ever made with, lacking any typical Trioplan f/2.8 problems (softness and lack of sharpness wide open).
High Brown Fritillary, Trioplan 100
High Brown Fritillary, Trioplan 100
Essex Skipper, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Essex Skipper, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Rear wing detail of aglaja.
And finally some biotopes.
2014_07_06_klenova_parmazin (2).JPG
I consider Novy Vojirov to be maybe the nicest and most cosy village of Czech Canada. Good hearted people, nicely colored butterflies and really, really wild peat bog I might have drowned behind the village. I slept there in the car.
2014_07_06_novy_vojirov.JPG
Landstejn Castle. A boring place for me.
2014_07_06_landstejn_2.jpg
This lovely photo was taken by a friend of mine, David, while I was looking for butterflies, and represents a typical countryside of the region.
2014_07_06_nova_bystrice_salamoun_david_cernoch.jpg
Some biotopes of Beskydy Mts.
2014_07_15_moravka_uspolka.jpg
This is all early and middle July stuff. To be continued: pursuing Damon Blues, a couple of trips to Southern Moravia, butterfly vacation at Croatian former military ranges, and a car accident :D

See you

Marek

P.S. if anyone's interested, here is the list of species I wrote down during monitoring.

Code: Select all

druh
aegeria
aegeria
aegeria
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja
aglaja cf.
aglaja cf.
aglaja
aglaja cf.
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
amandus
aquilonaris
aquilonaris
argiolus
argiolus
argus
argus
argus
argus
argus
argus cf.
argus cf.
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
atalanta
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
athalia
atomaria
atomaria
atomaria
atomaria
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brassicae
brunnearia
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
c-album
cardui
cardui
clathrata
clathrata
clathrata
clathrata
clathrata
clathrata
cossus
dia
dia
dia
dia
dia
dia
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
diamina
dispar
dispar
ephialtes
fasciaria
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
filipendulae
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
galathea
gamma
gamma
gamma
gamma
gamma
gamma
gamma
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
glycerion
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hippothoe
hyale
hyper
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
hyperantus
chenopodiata
chenopodiata
chenopodiata
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
icarus
ilia
ilia
ilia
imunata
ino
ino
ino
ino
ino
ino
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
io
iris
iris
iris
iris cf.
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
jurtina
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
lathonia
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
levana
lineata
lineata
lineata
lineata
lineata
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
lineola
loti
loti
maera
maera
maera
maera
maera
maera
maera
maera
maera
maera
machaon
machaon
machaon
machaon
machaon
mesomella
metallica
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis
minos-purpuralis✝
minos-purpuralis✝
minos-purpuralis✝
minos-purpuralis✝
mura det foto
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
napi
notata
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
pamphilus
paphia
paphia
paphia
paphia
paphia
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
phlaeas
plebeja cf.
prunaria
prunaria
prunaria
pusaria
pusaria
putnami
putnami
quadripunctaria
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
rapae
reali
reali
reali
reali
reali
reali
reali
repandata
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rhamni
rivularis
rivularis
rivularis
rivularis
rivularis
rivularis
rivularis
rivularis
sannio
sannio
sannio
sannio
sannio
sannio
sannio
sannio
sannio
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
selene
semiargus
statices
statices✝
statices✝
sylvata
sylvata
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
sylvestris
tages
tentacularius
tityrus
tityrus
tityrus
tityrus
tityrus
tityrus
tityrus
tityrus
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
urticae
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
venatus
viciae
viciae
viciae
virgaureae
virgaureae
virgaureae
virgaureae
virgaureae

David M

Post by David M »

The Annoying Czech wrote:

As a photo target, HBF was a PROBLEM for years, actually. So I could one nice looking female, let her freeze at night in the net and got up before the sun once again.
Hi Marek, sorry to invade your space but your 'HBF' looks more like a Dark Green Fritillary to me.

The Annoying Czech

Hi, I most probably mistook the British names. Anyway, it's obviously Argynnis aglaja female. Argynnis adippe is not even listed below - hasn't been found. (But I've seen app. 3 ex. today. :) )

Marek

The Annoying Czech

Anothern bunch - mostly Southern Moravia and Czech Wallachia
Dryad, Trioplan 100/2.8
Dryad, Trioplan 100/2.8
Those, I quote, "critically endangered" Burnets are either locally very abundant or had some outbreak this year...
Carniolan Burnet, Trioplan 100/2.8
Carniolan Burnet, Trioplan 100/2.8
...as I've seen hundreds of animals per biotope a couple of times
Carniolan Burnet, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Carniolan Burnet, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Dusky Large Blues (I have this year's photo - somewhere) are still common, whereas Scarce Large Blues are getting scarcer
Scarce Large Blue, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Scarce Large Blue, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
After the sunset...
SPBF, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
SPBF, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
I like the way Telemegor works with the grassy bokeh. Otherwise it stays deep in the bag for the most of time.
Chalkhill Blues, Telemegor 180/5.5
Chalkhill Blues, Telemegor 180/5.5
Last year I've seen those lazy tame Graylings only in Croatia. Recently, I've seen the species only in CZ (where is common only in a couple of sites and are remarkably smaller) with zero occurence in Croatia.
False Grayling, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
False Grayling, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Monitoring of Damon Blues was very dismal: 2 recent sites, 10 ex.
Damon Blue, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
I believe those animals to be scarce everywhere across its distribution range and arguably one of the nicest Blues, so I quite value those two photos. Especially the blue one, as I lack the blue color in butterfly photos :)
This is a shamefully enlighted Damon's neighbour.
Meleager's Blue, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Meleager's Blue, Canon 180/3.5L Macro
Biotope of the Big Burnet Blues
Biotope of the Big Burnet Blues
A message for P.J. Underwood: I do hope I'm behaving gramatically correct :D

Marek

The Annoying Czech

From my village and northern Beskydy Mts.

Used Canon 180L Macro and Meyer Trioplan 100.
Small Pearl-Bordered Fritillary
Small Pearl-Bordered Fritillary
Small Heath
Small Heath
15.7.2014 - svetlo proti tme  (trioplan 100).jpg
2014_10_08_moravka_nytrova_2.JPG
2014_10_08_moravka_nytrova.JPG

The Annoying Czech

(With a little help of my friends) I discovered another three new species for my neighbourhood (faunistic square) - all in Fall.

The species I'm talking about are Small Blue (July 27), High Brown Fritillary (July 27) and third generation Weaver's Fritillary documented below (August 30).

Today, first fresh Pale Clouded Yellow seemed to arrive.
Blurred sunset with Meyer Temelegor 180
Blurred sunset with Meyer Temelegor 180
(Sigourney) Weaver's Fritillary
(Sigourney) Weaver's Fritillary
Small White
Small White
So I'm on total 56 species (58 together with Tom, as he earlier reported Five-spot Burnet and Poplar Admiral).

See that close battle of Coppers! Today, phlaeas overtook dispar :D
Abundances 2012-2014
Abundances 2012-2014
Marek

Return to “Personal Diaries”