2007 Main competition

This is a forum for, primarily, monthly (or so!) photographic competitions that complement the annual competition.
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

2007 Main competition

Post by Gruditch »

I would like to be the first to congratulate all the winners of the 2007 main competition. Especially regular forum members Malcom Farrow and Martin/ V6GTO, well done. :D

Gruditch
Robin

Post by Robin »

I agree, well done to all entrants. Now we've seen who the best photographers are it gives us a clue as to who should do a presentation at the photographic workshop...eh Martin? :wink:

Robin
Denise

Post by Denise »

I also would like to congratulate the winners for their superb photos and a huge well done to all who took part. I thought that the standard was very high, and it gives us novices something to work towards.

Denise
PS, it was very nice to see some regular UK Butterfly members in the credits, Martin, Malcolm and Roger. Keep up the good work. :D
Gwenhwyfar
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Gwenhwyfar »

Congrats to the winners from me too, really hard to vote for as there were some outstanding images.
Bryan H

Post by Bryan H »

Robin Turner wrote:I agree, well done to all entrants. Now we've seen who the best photographers are it gives us a clue as to who should do a presentation at the photographic workshop...eh Martin? :wink:

Robin
Absolutely! :)

I would like to echo the congratulations to Martin and Malcolm.

I would like to echo the congratulations to Martin and Malcolm.

Bryan
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Wow! I didn't even notice the coming and going of this competition, perhaps because I only ever enter by the forums page and November is a very busy month for me at work.

The pictures are fantastic and the winning entries thoroughly deserving. Well done to all!

Guy
Martin

Post by Martin »

Wow! I'm chuffed!

Well done Malcom, and everyone who entered.

Martin.
FlyByWire

Well done from me too

Post by FlyByWire »

Hello there. A well done from me too to the other sections. I also was very busy in November and forgot to vote.

Heh I reckon I only won the early stages section cos there were so few entries, so guaranteed a podium position. Was still surprised to be on the top step. I didn't stand a chance on the others. Admittedly it often feels like a 'who's got the best camera' competition sometimes. Not sure what it is that people look for for a photo to be good. Are there any guidelines?

Cheers!

-Mike
eccles

Post by eccles »

I missed both the entries and the voting for this. But the winning entries are of a superb standard and well deserve to win.
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Tim Cowles just prompted me to have a look at the labelling on the winning entries and I see his point. The excellent third place picture is a brown argus, not a common blue!!!

Guy
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Yes - I was notified of this some time ago by Vince Massimo. I emailed Paul Millward to make sure he was OK with me changing it but heard nothing back ... then it disappeared from my radar.

I'll amend it before the next update!

Cheers,

- Pete

Return to “Competitions”