printers

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
twitcher

printers

Post by twitcher »

anyone any ideas on a mid ranged printer preferably wifi,its a jungle out there.any help is appreciated.
thanks !
Shaun
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Depends on how much you want to use it. For high throughput get a laser printer. For test prints, a cheap ink jest will do. Otherwise take it down your local photo shop and get it done properly.

A decent mid range printer will cost you £50-100. For that price you can get a lot of HQ prints at a photo shop.

Since you want it wifi I suspect you want it for office use. A colour laser printer with wifi will set you back around around £400.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Not sure about the wireless aspect, but I use an Epson Stylus Photo RX640, which is an inkjet printer. Be aware that the cartridges can be quite expensive!

The prints I get a pretty good, but you really need a calibrated monitor and calibrated printer (using profiles for both) to get best results.

Cheers,

- Pete
twitcher

Post by twitcher »

Thanks,Dave
like the sound of a laser printer.No it is for home use but as I use A laptop I thought a wifi would be better.I,ve always had Lexmark before
and the quality is sound but the cartridges tend to work out quite expensive compared to some other makes. I tend to get 6x4s done at the lab and use the printer for a4 size etc.Just wondered if anyone had tried a few makes and what they thought
Cheers Shaun.
Mike Young

Post by Mike Young »

I use Epson Inkjet printers and have three, an A4 R220, an A3 2100 and an A3 1290s
They all produce good prints but I always use their own inks and paper, with the exception of Ilford Gallery papers which are brilliant, especially the Archival heayweight matt version
Regards Mike

Return to “General”