Rogerdodge

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Rogerdodge

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Lovely report Roger, it's good to see butterflies emerging again. Marsland sounds like a truly magical place - I hope to visit one day.
Rogerdodge wrote: After the recent rain I felt it wise to take willies. So I threw a pair in the boot just before I headed off.
:shock:
Rogerdodge wrote: I opened the boot to discover that the pair of willies were actually two half pairs – one a size 10, and the other a size 7.
:shock: :shock:

Haven't heard Don for a while, The End of the Innocence was my entry album, apart from the LPs from his old group my Dad had.

Best wishes,

Lee

Diary entries for 2012 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

Lee
Marsland is superb. Well worth the trouble it takes to get there (assuming you don't live in N. Devon/Cornwall of course).
Thanks for pointing out my phallic mitype.
I can only blame automatic spell checking, not some Freudian disfunction.

My song reference was actually to "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel. However the line(s) from "The Boys of Summer" are very similar I agreee.
"The End of the Innocence" is a great favourite of mine, not least because Bruce Hornsby is one of the greatest living singer/songwriter/musicians. (IMHO of course)

Perhaps I shall slip song lyrics into my Diary postings in future - see who spots them.....

Diary entries for 2012 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Cheers

Roger
David M

Post by David M »

I can certainly empathise with your stored-up angst, Roger. I think I risked becoming suicidal had I not got out yesterday.

Often, days like the one you've just experienced are particularly memorable just because of the gap between drinks.

essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Yes,well done Roger! Here in East Anglia,it stayed overcast and cold,for May at least,and very little was about. Nice to see the sun still exists-on the Cornwall-Devon border at least.

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Roger,

Nice report, I enjoyed reading it and am glad that you managed to make the most of a break in the weather.

Cheers,

Neil F.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I don't know what I'm more envious of: the butterflies you've seen and photographed or that you had it warm enough to drive with the top down?!

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Rogerdodge

Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

Well - I guess it is about time I started a personal "Diary".

Today I visited Hares Down on the southern fringe of Exmoor. It is a beautiful chunk of Culm grassland cruelly bisected by the North Devon link road about 25 years ago
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=28 ... 21110&lm=0
The arrow marks the best area.
It is ESSENTIAL to wear wellies - really tricky walking amongst the boggy tussocks!
The Marsh Frits have done really well this year. I didn't expect to see any at all - a bit early I thought.
However, in a few hours I saw at least 20 individuals, and a few posed very nicely for my camera.
Luckily the weather stayed fairly dry for the day, and the rain only started after I left the site.
I drew a blank at my local Heath Frit site - but it would have been REALLY early if they had been there - another week or so to go.

Roger Harding
Attachments
UKBMF006 - Copy.jpg
UKBMF005 - Copy.jpg
UKBMF004 - Copy.jpg
UKBMF003 - Copy.jpg
UKBMF002 - Copy.jpg
UKBMF001 - Copy.jpg

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Cheers

Roger
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

"Well - I guess it is about time I started a personal "Diary"."
About time too! :wink:
That second shot's a blinder!
BWs, Neil

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Gorgeous photos!

Susie

Post by Susie »

Marvellous stuff :)

Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Neil:
That second shot's a blinder!
Courtesy Citizen Kane? :P

Jack

Chris Jackson

Post by Chris Jackson »

Roger, your last photo from Mon May 26, 2014 4:44 pm is very artistic.
Chris.

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Some lovely shots there Roger - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your diary.

essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Agreed-it's about flippin' time! :lol: With my Cornish roots,it will be interesting to see what's happening in north Devon.

Great Marsh Frit photo's,keep 'em coming.

Cheers,Mark.

Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

I also like the second one, very nice, Roger! Look forward to your Heaths.

Best wishes,

Lee

To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Looking forward to reading about your exploits Rog :D I really like the last shot, great composition :mrgreen: Looking forward to getting some inside info on the Heath Frits as I've never seen them before - perhaps this will be the year?

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”