Camberwell Beauty

Discussion forum for any overseas items (given that this is a "UK" butterflies forum!).
CFB

Camberwell Beauty

Post by CFB »

This morning it was overcast and about 12 degrees, and the only butterfly I saw during nearly two hours walking was a Camberwell Beauty. It was lying motionless on the path and I thought it was dead. I took a few photos, and then went to pick it up to examine it a bit closer. Then it started to feebly move its wings and legs. But it seemed to be in very bad shape indeed. I moved it off the path, wished it good luck, and came home.
IMG_1626.JPG
--
Colin
Chris Jackson

Re: Camberwell Beauty

Post by Chris Jackson »

What a gorgeous butterfly. I'd like to see one of those, but in better conditions obviously. You've done your good deed for the day Colin!
Chris.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That's my greatest wish , to see a Camberwell B let's hope it lives on Goldie :D
CFB

Post by CFB »

Sorry Goldie, you won't be seeing this one. I went back to where I left it three days ago, and it was still there, but well and truly dead. :( :( :(
IMG_1684-001.JPG
--
Colin
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That's so sad :( Goldie
David M

Post by David M »

Such a shame. I've still never seen this species in the wild and I'd be crestfallen if the first one I saw was a deceased specimen.

Return to “Overseas”