UK Butterflies Calendar

This is a forum for, primarily, monthly (or so!) photographic competitions that complement the annual competition.
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

UK Butterflies Calendar

Post by Padfield »

Every month, we select an outstanding butterfly photograph, that would hold its own in any photography exhibition in the world.

So what about a UK Butterflies calendar each year, featuring a prize-winning photo for every month, the proceeds going to Butterfly Conservation? I don't suppose there's time to do such a thing for this Christmas, but it might be worth thinking about for next year. Calendars are relatively cheap and easy to produce and can be mailed anywhere in the world, and PayPal makes it easy for them to be purchased online.

I would envisage each month being dominated by a beautiful picture but with informative blurb on it too, showing what species of butterfly can be seen that month, or, in the winter, a little piece on hibernating stages or rearing butterflies or whatever.

This year's winners would go into the 2009 calendar (probably allowing only UK species, which I think this year's winners all were anyway) and the winner of the annual prize could go on the cover.

Any comments?

Guy
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

I think it's a great idea - and Shirley Roulston also suggested this to me a while ago!

If there's anyone out there willing to do the "ground work" on this (i.e. volunteer to organise it!) I'd really appreciate it! Also - any ideas on how to generate funds (with all "profits" going to BC) would be appreciated :)

Cheers,

- Pete
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

Great idea, you can put me down for one :wink:

Gruditch
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

me too

charles
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

If I ever win one you can put mine in...............................
:cry:
Mike Young

Post by Mike Young »

Sounds good 8)
Regards Mike
Dave McCormick

Post by Dave McCormick »

Good idea, if I ever win!
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro

Return to “Competitions”