Susie

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Neil Hulme

Re: Susie

Post by Neil Hulme »

Happy Birthday from me too. If you run up against problems reaching your target, just give me a call. 44 of the Sussex 45 should be reasonably straightforward, but SPBF might be tricky if you miss one of the others.
BWs, Neil

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
David M

Post by David M »

Joyeux anniversaire, Susie.

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Happy birthday, Susie!

By an accident of fate, I find myself sitting in a bar in Ollon, waiting for a bus, with a foaming beer in front of me, so as I click 'send' I will take a swig and send you greetings from Switzerland.

Guy

Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Susie

Post by Susie »

Thank you Nick , Neil, David and Guy :)

Safe journey Guy.

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Susie,

Happy Birthday, hope you had a good one :D

Cheers,

Neil F.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Many happy returns :D
Have a goodun

Wurzel

Colin Knight

Post by Colin Knight »

Happy Birthday Susie, you'll start feeling younger from now on...

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

Happy Birthday Susie, I hope you see more butterflies than ever before this year :D

Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Darn, just missed it. Happy birthday Susie. A G&T to you.

Best wishes,

Lee

To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Thank you all for your birthday wishes :)

Susie

Post by Susie »

Sussex Kipper wrote:Happy Birthday from me too. If you run up against problems reaching your target, just give me a call. 44 of the Sussex 45 should be reasonably straightforward, but SPBF might be tricky if you miss one of the others.
BWs, Neil
I've not seen small pearl before so that's definitely on my list.

Susie

Post by Susie »

Today I planned to go to Wisley to photograph the butterflies but it was such a lovely day and pup gave me such a wistful look as I left the house I couldn't bear the thought of him being stuck indoors when the sun was shining so I reversed my car out of the drive to go to Wisley .. and then drove back in again. Wisley can wait for another day! I got the dog and off we went to Kithurst Hill for a lovely walk along the south downs way :) It took a while for the mist to burn away at lower levels but when it did the flooding around Amberley is really bad at the moment and it was quite something to look at.
1560508_10152200603326972_622347634_n.jpg
View towards the sea
1377286_10152200602221972_1597715744_n.jpg
View towards the village and castle

Several skylarks were singing along the route https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 6516512567

Susie

Post by Susie »

Went to Wisley to see the butterflies today. Same old stuff as usual. Nice to see some sunshine and feel a bit of warmth though.

Pic taken last week of the flooding at Pulborough.
1511179_10152216130646972_209283919_n.jpg

ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

that's a stunning shot!

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Beautiful image Susie, I can really feel the atmosphere in that photo :D

Cheers,

Neil F.

Susie

Post by Susie »

Thanks Neil :)

Susie

Post by Susie »

A couple of pics from yesterday.
1622735_10152218085771972_2107019462_n.jpg
1623524_10152218104621972_1649197308_n.jpg
In anticipation of the coming butterfly season today was the first day of pup's whistle training. Being a mongrel we didn't know what personality traits he would exhibit but he seems more retriever than border collie in temperament and although it's early days he's a bright boy and is doing well. He's still on the waiting list for agility classes but he's not a fast runner but he's a demon retriever and has recently discovered a love of swimming so agility may not be his thing. He's often mistaken for a flatcoat retriever and although he isn't he seems be act just like one and he has the sweetest personality and dotes on his mum :) . Hopefully by the time he starts accompanying me on my butterfly walks he'll be able to sit still on command where ever he is (he does do this to a degree already but it's not 100%) and not scare off (or eat!) the butterflies. :)

Susie

Post by Susie »

Susie wrote:Thanks Neil :)
And Chris. Sorry Chris ;)

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I tried to leave a comment on the 'flood scene' the other day but my iPod decided to have a wobble, so a belated 'cracking shot' :D The Morpho is pretty cracking too :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Susie

Post by Susie »

Thanks Wurzel :)

Return to “Personal Diaries”