The length of Britain - again!!

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
sami

The length of Britain - again!!

Post by sami »

Tonight I finally got around to watching Eddie Izzard's marathon man challenge. I cried nearly all the way through remembering the psychological and physical endurances of our own challenge in 2012. An idea formed and I breathlessly waited for Seth to get home to tell him my proposition.

He said yes! An idiot says yes once, a lunatic says yes twice!!

May 2014 we're going to New Zealand for a month to visit my sister. A few days after we get back we'll be setting off to walk the length of Britain again, this time starting from John O' Groats and walking from north to south.

It was a no-brainer which charity to choose to raise money for!!

Your support was so valuable to us last time and all your kind words really pushed us on. I know we can rely on that again to act out our madness once again!

Love to all

Sami :)
David M

Re: The length of Britain - again!!

Post by David M »

You can sure rely on my support, Sami. In fact, I'll sponsor you 10p per mile (and J.O'G to Land's End is virtually 1,000 miles if I'm not mistaken).

I'll round it up to £100 if you throw a few photos in this time - remember, you could have captured the 'big cat' had you taken a compact last time round.
sami

Post by sami »

Sounds like a deal! Game on! :)
sami

Post by sami »

Oh and ps, we did take loads of pics last time, just struggled to post them here whilst on the move. Lots of them are on our epic butterfly walk Facebook page and this time round we'll probably do some sort of blog :)
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

sami wrote:An idiot says yes once, a lunatic says yes twice!!
So what do you call someone who asks twice? :)

Rather speechless here - truly amazing! But good luck with the prep. And hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with you this time around!

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

Complete Insanity.
You have our full support again, of course.
XX
Roger (& Rose)
Cheers

Roger
Susie

Post by Susie »

Full support from me too! :)

Could you post details of your planned route at some stage so that we can work out where you may need help
sami

Post by sami »

Pete Eeles wrote:
sami wrote:An idiot says yes once, a lunatic says yes twice!!
So what do you call someone who asks twice? :)

- Pete
I don't know! There's either something very wrong with the way I think, or very right! At the moment it looks like we'll be giving up our flat and jobs to do it, like good, responsible adults...! ;)

Thanks all, the last adventure was so much smoother every time I logged on here and read all your encouragements.

Susie I think the route will be very similar to last time with just a few minor changes and less detours as we want to go as quickly as possible this time around. That also means it will be difficult to know where we'll be very far in advance as it depends how fast we can set our pace. It may seem a little ridiculous for an overweight, unfit woman but I'm also hoping we can run some sections (I've never run more than the length of a road in my life - time to start training!) This would help us eat up the miles on the easier stretches eg the lovely flat canals, but we would only be able to do this on kit-free days. I suspect we'll be able to give people 2 or 3 days notice as to where we'll be , and a much rougher estimate about a week before.

I can't bloody wait :) :)

Sami x

Return to “General”