Central France into North-East Spain.

Discussion forum for any overseas items (given that this is a "UK" butterflies forum!).
LancsRover

Re: Central France into North-East Spain.

Post by LancsRover »

Hi Chris, Thanks for the nice comment, we are looking at spending a couple of months in Spain in Feb/March 2014, coming back slowly again through France in early April. We had 3 weeks in Spain in February this year(2013), just north of Valencia, temperature between 14 and 20c, but windy nearly every day, we saw a few b/f's, Speckled Wood, Clouded Yellow, Whites(L&S), a Painted Lady and maybe a Swallowtail(crossed the road whilst I was driving), hoping to see more in 2014.
We are also hoping to go to France and Spain in early Sept. 2014, and visit the Pyrenees, we tried this year but something cropped up, which meant we lost time at the begining of our hols.
We should really go to the Pyrenees in June/July but I like the UK in summer(if we get one)and shorten our long winter by going away in Sept. and Feb/March.
We have been to the Alps in October a couple of years ago but it started to get a little cold, we must go again soon but a few weeks earlier?
Russ
Chris Jackson

Re: Central France into North-East Spain.

Post by Chris Jackson »

Hi Russ,
I'm looking forward to next year as well. We're going to have to hibernate for the next 4 months first.
CJ
JKT wrote:Some of the red-nosed ones might be Rudolphs, but reindeer they aint.
Excellent JKT!!!

Return to “Overseas”