Canon 7D

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Ian Pratt

Re: Canon 7D

Post by Ian Pratt »

Very impressed with HDEW cameras and would strongly recommend them- see http://hdewcameras6-px.rtrk.co.uk/index.asp
Ian
Mark Tutton

Post by Mark Tutton »

I would agree I have bought both camera bodies and lenses from this company -good prices and very prompt service. Highly recommended Mark T.
The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shapes of things, their colours lights and shades, these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts.
FISHiEE

Post by FISHiEE »

Are they serious £699 for a 7D? Even if that is ex VAT it's still £200 less than the next cheapest seller. Something sounds a bit suspicious there surely??

All their gear looks suspiciously cheap actually. Just did a quick search on the web and they deal in grey imports it looks like.
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

I like to use my local high street camera shop. I find that if I show them loyalty, they look after me. They will match the best prices I find on camera price buster, and always give me a good trade in for any unwanted gear.

Regards Gruditch
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

FISHiEE wrote:Are they serious £699 for a 7D? Even if that is ex VAT it's still £200 less than the next cheapest seller. Something sounds a bit suspicious there surely??

All their gear looks suspiciously cheap actually. Just did a quick search on the web and they deal in grey imports it looks like.
The only thing that was grey about the 7D I bought from them was that they included a UK adapter for the two pin charger. Yes it has to be imported but I have also ordered a L series lens or two from them and usually within the week it has been delivered.
FISHiEE

Post by FISHiEE »

It also probably didn't have a canon uk warranty. Probably not an issue in most cases and I must admit the potential savings make it look worth a punt.
Steve Babbs

Post by Steve Babbs »

FISHiEE wrote:It also probably didn't have a canon uk warranty. Probably not an issue in most cases and I must admit the potential savings make it look worth a punt.
There's lots of discussion about HDEW here:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php ... light=HDEW

You actually get a better - 3 year - warranty. Unless that's changed since I ordered.

Return to “Photography”