Happy birthday Gibster

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Susie

Happy birthday Gibster

Post by Susie »

Thought I'd get in first and wish you a happy birthday for the morning. Have a great day tomorrow :D
David M

Re: Happy birthday Gibster

Post by David M »

The legendary Gibster must be feted given his exploits (along with Sami) last year.

Many happy returns.
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Happy Birthday Gibster.
Best Wishes, Neil
Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Happy Birthday.

Kindest regards. Mark
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Happy Birthday Seth!

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

Happy Birthday to you Seth
I shall raise a glass of Scotland's finest in your general direction this evening.
Cheers

Roger
dave brown

Post by dave brown »

Happy birthday Gibster. Best wishes for the year ahead.
Dave
Paul Wetton

Post by Paul Wetton »

Have a good one Seth.

Hope you'll be raising a glass or two yourself. I may partake of a couple to help you celebrate :D :D
Cheers Paul

Post by Vince Massimo »

Happy Birthday Seth :D .
We all wait to hear about your plans for the coming year (Sami as well).

Cheers,

Vince
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

happy birthday! a Wurzel would say.... have a good'un :)
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Happy Birthday

All the best,

Neil F.
David M

Post by David M »

Vince Massimo wrote:Happy Birthday Seth :D .
We all wait to hear about your plans for the coming year (Sami as well)
Hard to see how 2012 could possibly be eclipsed!
Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Many happy returns of the day, Seth.

All the best, Nick.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Aaaw, what a lovely bunch of people you are! :D

In a break from tradition I'm not out drinking and partying on my birthday night. Nope, not me. But only because I did all that last night!!! :lol: Poor Sami was nursing a rather sore head for much of today. But that's what you get from mixing champagne, red wine and white wine. I was much more sensible....champagne, red wine and whiskey :wink: We ended up staying at friend's house last night. By the time we strolled back home it was past midday (don't worry, we'd both booked a day off from work). Sam crashed out at home whilst I wandered across to my beloved Epsom Common in search of nature. I had a look for Purple Hairstreak eggs on oak tips but failed to find any. Unsurprisingly there were no butterflies seen despite the glorious sunshine. I did find a female Firecrest though, my 3rd site record in 25 years! I see that as Nature's own birthday treat for me :)

Regards 2013....well, there will be no repeat of last year's epic honeymoon walk (heck, I'm not even planning on marrying anyone this year, lol) but I really would like to find Mountain Ringlet on Ben Lawers. We've always been confounded by the weather before. This year I intend to meet the furry wee critters and get to know them well. It's the last of the regular breeders we still 'need' (apart from Cryptic Wood White in Ireland) although I'm still a few ahead of Sami regards scarcer migrants. Sami seems to have her heart set on more long-distance walking, the one she keeps mentioning is Paris to Budapest (which is actually quite a bit shorter than the Land's End to John O' Groats walk we did last year!) but I'm not sure I'm even invited on that one (or could take the time out from work again). Sami's also quite keen for me to take the topic of babies a bit more seriously...gulp!!! :shock: I said she can have a hamster.

So for those of you who I've met, I look forward to seeing you again - you're all lovely people (except Rogerdodge who is even better than lovely!!!) and for those of you I've yet to meet, thankyou for your kind words and why the heck haven't I met you already??? :wink:

Right, despite last night's excesses I feel the need to raise a glass to the wonderful folks of UKButterflies. I hereby toast to your good health and to this nation's butterflies which brought us all together.

CHEERS!!!!

:D
Last edited by Gibster on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

David M wrote:The legendary Gibster......
Lol, legend in me own lunch box, you mean!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
sami

Post by sami »

What lovely folk you all are :)

I got Seth a four hour wildlife watching trip off the Cornish coast in a catamaran for his bday. Hopefully he'll catch up with Risso's dolphin (the only species in Britain I have up on him) and I might finally hear the end of it! ;D

Regards plans for this year, it'll be tough to top 2012. There's something so amazing about knowing you've completed a lifetime's ambition and now I feel like I need to set a new challenge.

In fact, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be great to do a new sponsored challenge for BC every year. Then I thought about what that next challenge could be... And what better way for an unfit girl who is scared of heights to challenge herself than to climb England, Wales and Scotland's three highest peaks in three days?!?!

The 'three peak challenge' of Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon is traditionally completed in 24 hours but I know that's well out of my league at the moment, so a mountain a day for three days sounds more achievable at the moment. I confronted Seth with this next new bonkers idea and he's up for it!! So now to start training and planning...

I can't wait. Bloody excellent :)

Happy birthday to my wonderful husband, who puts up with my crazy ideas and makes every adventure special.

Sami :)
Please sponsor us on our honeymoon adventure raising money for Butterfly Conservation!
www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk
:)
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Say what??? Three Peaks Challenge??? But, but!!! *sigh* Crazy bloomin woman, why can't we just do a sponsored silence, lol :wink: xxx
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Sorry I missed the boat on the birthday wishes - but better late than never! :D

Have a goodun - B'day that is

Wurzel

p.s. having posted the comment above I went and poured myself a generous dark Rum, so to your good health sir! :D
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

Hi Seth (& Sami),
Slightly belated birthday wishes.
Being the unfit person that I am I too have still to see Mountain Ringlet so if you make it to Ben Lawers would you mind a hanger on? :wink:

birthday cheers,
Scott D

Return to “General”