Large Blue

Discussion forum for sightings.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Large Blue

Post by Pete Eeles »

Large Blues started their emergence at Collard Hill today. Details of this site are available at http://www.butterfly-conservation.org/s ... iting.html, which contains details of the Large Blue phone line (01793 817732). The first Large Blue sighting was at a different (non-public) site on 2nd June. It is anticipated that the peak will be at the end of next week, although this year's emergence is expected to be "modest" due to the reduced number of ova laid last year.

This year, sections of the eastern slope will be cordoned off when the females are egg-laying which, in my opinion, is no bad thing, and will hopefully result in a stronger emergence next year. And so, in keeping with the sentiments I've expressed on the home page this week, would visitors *please* take care when visiting this fragile site.

Cheers,

- Pete
Matsukaze

Post by Matsukaze »

Hi Pete,

We saw 6 Large Blues there today, including three well to the west of the cordoned-off area. Looks like they are doing well.

Butterfly Conservation have an event scheduled for (I believe) a week Sunday at 11am.

Return to “Sightings”