Where to go tomorrow? (starting from Cambridge)

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
dilettante

Where to go tomorrow? (starting from Cambridge)

Post by dilettante »

I have a day to myself tomorrow (Saturday), and the forecast is better than of late. So I'd welcome suggestions on where I should go, starting from South Cambridgeshire.

Possibilities that have occurred to me:

- Devil's Dyke / Burwell for Green Hairstreaks and Dingy Skippers
- (Further afield) Whipsnade / Bison Hill for Dukes and Grizzled Skippers

Any other ideas?
PhiliB

Re: Where to go tomorrow? (starting from Cambridge)

Post by PhiliB »

Rosalyn and I (and Nick???) are going to Bison Hill tomorrow where you will also probably see Dingy Skippers & Green Hairstreaks as well as the Dukes & Grizzlies you mention.

Phil
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Come down to Land's End car park, Cornwall at 10am. Then you can meet me and Sami as we begin our Epic Butterfly Walk all the way into Scotland! 1200 miles of butterflying, botanising and birding with no-one but ourselves to answer to. It's gonna be GREAT!!! So if you set off in about 2 hours or so you should make it in plenty of time :wink:

Cheers,

Gibster.
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
dilettante

Post by dilettante »

I think Lands End is a liitle out of my range, but I wish you best of luck with your walk!

Bison Hill is looking like a possibility though. I''ll look out for other butterfliers and introduce myself if I see any likely suspects!

Return to “Sites”