Epic Butterfly Walk!

Discussion forum for field trips and any other events.
Neil Hulme

Re: Epic Butterfly Walk!

Post by Neil Hulme »

Thirded. Have a great day and great stroll.
Best Wishes, Neil
Susie

Post by Susie »

I spoke to Seth a short while ago and the sun is shining down there and the forecast is for sunshine tomorrow afternoon when the wedding is due to take place. Looks like they have friends in high places! :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

They do say the sun shines on the righteous...which begs the question what the hell have the rest of us done?

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Good call, Wurzel.
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Vince Massimo »

Have an epic day Sami and Seth :D . I salute you both in your quest and will be following your progress.

Best Wishes,
Vince
RobS

Post by RobS »

Best wishes for the future both of you.Have a lovely day,a lovely stroll, and a wonderful life together !!

cheers
rob
Under canvas. Just the wild woods for company.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Hello Everyone, and many thanks for all your kind words. Very much appreciated. :D

The weather was indeed unexpectedly superb, our wedding was a fantastic event and my Best Man gave a superb speech which left me utterly red-faced throughout! :lol: After the ceremony we all managed to get fairly inebriated, so inebriated that my beautiful bride fell over, twisted her ankle and subsequently was shipped off to Truro hospital for xrays!!!! :shock: :shock: The 'good' news is that she's only suffered a severe sprain and not broken or fractured anything...bloomin' p#$$bag!!!!! Currently Sami is able to hobble across the room, but the South West Coast Path is a no-go for a few days yet...

So not exactly the sprint start we hoped for, but it gives us a few days to rest up with our good friend Danny the Pirate in a nature rich part of Cornwall. We're still on for the 10am photo-shoot with Cornwall Branch BC, but the adventure won't start quite yet. What have I married...? :lol: :lol:

We've also had a surge of donations over the past couple of days, we're approaching £1300 already. Many thanks all of you!!!!

Updates to follow...

Cheers

Mr & Mrs Gibson :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
sami

Post by sami »

**STOP PRESS**

after some serious thought we've decided to postpone the walk for a few days because of my huge and sore ankle. So no photoshoots at Land's End today :(

We'll let everyone know as soon as it heals, should be a few days.

Sorry to disappoint people, I feel rather rubbish about it all :(

Updates to follow soon

Sami xx
Please sponsor us on our honeymoon adventure raising money for Butterfly Conservation!
www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk
:)
Susie

Post by Susie »

Personally I think it's good that you get a few days to chill and just enjoy being married and take in the events of the last few days before your epic trek (although not good you hurt your ankle :( ). Now what can you do on your honeymoon when flat on your back ... :lol:

Oh, and Seth, you married a kindred spirit! :lol:
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh but the story of the ankle set me off....

Get well soon Mrs.Gibson. You'll get your own laugh later no doubt.

Jack
David M

Post by David M »

Could have been worse, Sami - you could have broken it, which would have put an end to your trip before it began.

Hope it clears up soon! :)
sami

Post by sami »

Hello...

Just a quick update - foot is feeling much better, with the help of a support bandage and lots of rest! Going to do a short trial walk tomorrow to make sure it's all sorted then it's hopefully all systems go...

I've put some wedding pics into an album, have no idea how to share it, hopefully it's visible on my profile? Anyway, it's there for whoever is interested in seeing our big day, I'll take them down after a few days as they're not exactly butterfly-related!

Enjoy :)

Sami Gibson :)
Please sponsor us on our honeymoon adventure raising money for Butterfly Conservation!
Pete Eeles

Post by Pete Eeles »

Glad to hear you're on the mend Mrs. Gibson :)
sami wrote:I've put some wedding pics into an album, have no idea how to share it.
gallery/album.php?album_id=2154

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
legless2007

Post by legless2007 »

You both look wonderful, thanks for sharing the photos. Hope you're on the move soon x
David M

Post by David M »

Love the snaps. Good luck to you both!
sami

Post by sami »

Right!

After an ill-timed injury delayed us for a few days, my ankle finally feels much better and we're ready (in fact desperate!) to hit the road!

We will begin our walk tomorrow, the 12th of May. We would love people to come and see us off and will be at the Land's End signpost at 10am with packs of confetti for people who want to cheer us on our way!

Everyone is welcome. We can't wait to set off!

Once again, thanks for the amazing and generous donations that have been flooding in. We love all of you :)

Sami Gibson :D
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Sami

You are a dead ringer for my nephew's wife Heather. Chris and Heather have two lovely children. Is this a good omen for the Heather-lookalike? :roll:

Jack
David M

Post by David M »

Up and running (well, walking) at last! Your timing is impeccable - this is set to be the first pleasant weekend since March! :)
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Best wishes to you both.

I love the photos, particularly the group shot in the woods...excellent :D

Neil F.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

12hrs til D-Day and counting.

Sami's taking a lighter load for the first few days at least, just to give her ankle a fighting chance of recovery. We did a few practice miles today with a couple of light gradients and the ankle held up pretty well. Fast healer my missus! On the flip side my pack now weighs in at about a tonne and a half... :lol:

Many thanks for the kind comments regards the wedding pics. Please do feel free to look us up on Facebook where you can see approximately 2million more pics :shock:

Hey Jack, don't go putting ideas into the young girl's mind. At least let us complete LEJOG first! :wink:

Cheers again,

Seth & Sami Gibson.

PS - Don't forget that we are still open for donations!!!!! Check the link below :P
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.

Return to “Field Trips and Events”