Wyre Forrest

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
Debbie

Wyre Forrest

Post by Debbie »

Hot Spots - Wyre Forrest (Earnwood Copse) :?:

On Sunday armed with my leaflet and keen to find places to watch butterflies, I decided to go and get myself familar with the above. I appreicate with the weather the butterflies were hiding, but when I arrived there I could not work out which path to take and certainly no idea of where the hot spot was. No little signs to point you in the right direction. :oops:

Can anybody point me in the right direction or provide me with a few clues for my return visit :?:
Neil Freeman

Re: Wyre Forrest

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi,

Just noticed this post so not sure if you have been back yet.
I went to the Wyre Forest at the end of April last year. I parked at the bottom of Dry Mill Lane at SO773764 and followed the path along Dowles Brooke.
There are a couple of meadows along here that had good numbers of Small Pearl Bordered Fritillary. There were also hundreds if not thousands of Chimney Sweeper moths.
I was a bit late last year for Pearl Borderd Fritilliaries what with everything being early but I did see one rather tatty individual.

Hope this helps,

Neil F.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Thanks for that. I am finally starting to get my bearings and hopefully the butterflies will be on the wing soon at the forrest. :) Just had a quick peep at a picture of a Chimney Sweeper moth, I had never even heard of it and it is beautiful. :D
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Today with my usual optimism off I went to the forrest again. It is 9 degrees high here today. We have had cloud, rain, sunny spells and I did see one butterfly in the distance on the wing. I was not able to identify or photograph it, but it did make me smile :) I did however get to photography a couple of insects on the way. :)
Attachments
unknow ant.jpg
bug.jpg

Return to “Sites”