Back Garden Moth Community

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Hugh Middleton

Back Garden Moth Community

Post by Hugh Middleton »

Hope this is not inappropiate.
I got into mothing seriously last year and found the above web site invaluable for advice and identification.
Recently I haven't been able to access this site. Does anyone know if it has closed down or what is happening to it?

Many thanks,

Hugh
Susie

Re: Back Garden Moth Community

Post by Susie »

Hi Hugh,

I haven't posted on there for ages (years?) but I did have a look at the forum just after Christmas and there was a message to say that the forum had a virus and so had been disabled until it was fixed. I am not sure if that is still the problem.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

There was an unwanted pop-up ad for little blue pills, this was removed and then it reappeared in another form last week. I guess the site owner is trying to fathom out how to get rid of it.
Susie

Post by Susie »

JohnR wrote:I guess the site owner is trying to fathom out how to get rid of it.
Might take a while, that's a hard one ;-)
Matsukaze

Post by Matsukaze »

My PC caught a particularly vicious virus from that site late last year, necessitating complete reinstallation, so I am rather hoping they have taken the site down to fix it.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Susie wrote:
JohnR wrote:I guess the site owner is trying to fathom out how to get rid of it.
Might take a while, that's a hard one ;-)
It depends on the dosage prescribed for the virus :wink: :wink:
David M

Post by David M »

The side effects of this can be hard to eradicate so it's probably wise of them to stay out of sight until things have subsided.
Hugh Middleton

Post by Hugh Middleton »

Thanks all

Hugh
Dave McCormick

Post by Dave McCormick »

I sent Simon an e-mail asking what is happening, if he gets back to me, I'll let you know what the status of the site is.
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
Hugh Middleton

Post by Hugh Middleton »

Thanks Dave. I would really appreciate that

Hugh
teejay

Post by teejay »

If you are interested why not join the Garden Moths Survey (GMS). This is a survey being carried out in gardens all over the UK on a regular basis March to November. You can join the Chat Site and get the "experts" to ID your photos when you are not sure. Obtain details from Dave Grundy (dgcountryside@btinternet.com).
Best wishes
Richard
Dave McCormick

Post by Dave McCormick »

The site is now back on-line (for the moment anyway, lets hope it stays that way)
If you are interested why not join the Garden Moths Survey (GMS). This is a survey being carried out in gardens all over the UK on a regular basis March to November. You can join the Chat Site and get the "experts" to ID your photos when you are not sure. Obtain details from Dave Grundy (dgcountryside@btinternet.com).
Best wishes
Richard
I agree its a good place, I joined in 2010 and did the winter GMS then and I am doing it for the 2011-2012 one, despite only having one moth so far.
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
Hugh Middleton

Post by Hugh Middleton »

Tis back :D

Yes Richard have looked at GMS. Didn't get my trap until late last year so there was no point but will sign up for the forthcoming season.

Got a new copy of Enjoying Moths the other day so am wetting my appetite for some mothing and butterflying.

Hugh

Return to “General”