The One Show (Large Blue) 12th Sept

Discussion forum for books and any other media concerning butterflies.
Michaeljf

The One Show (Large Blue) 12th Sept

Post by Michaeljf »

Hi all,

I missed this programme yesterday, but on The One Show (arrrghh :? ) they had an article of the success of the re-introduction of the Large Blue.

The article featured Jeremy Thomas and there was some nice footage of the Large Blues on Greendown (?) and also some nice documentary footage of the larval stages (probably footage already used in the 'Butterflies: a british obsession' programme earlier in the year).

The programme can be seen again below (Large Blue article starts at 16:20 minutes in and finishes on other species at about 23:30)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 2_09_2011/

Nice to see butterflies get some prime-time coverage even if it is only a short article :) .

Michael
Willrow

Re: The One Show (Large Blue) 12th Sept

Post by Willrow »

Michaeljf wrote:The programme can be seen again below (Large Blue article starts at 16:20 minutes in and finishes on other species at about 23:30)
Do you mean to say that it starts at twenty past four and finishes at half past eleven Michael :shock: :shock:

Sorry I just could'nt resist (all right - I know you stated minutes!!!) but I still could'nt resist :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Best Wishes,
Bill :D
Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
Hugh Middleton

Post by Hugh Middleton »

The One Show certainly seems to have more good nature bits than Countryfile nowadays.
Nice piece on strawberry spiders tonight.
The Large Blue bit was good - I particularly enjoyed hearing Jeremy Thomas.

Hugh
David M

Post by David M »

Fascinating stuff. Just watched it from beginning to end.

My God, hasn't Jeremy Thomas changed totally in appearance since the late 70s?
Michaeljf

Post by Michaeljf »

Willrow wrote:Do you mean to say that it starts at twenty past four and finishes at half past eleven Best Wishes, Bill :D
Hi Bill,
yes, I think you're right, the programme often seems that long :shock: Though I admit Alex Jones does make it go a bit faster, but I've always found it a strange mix. It's even worse when they have a good guest that they can only interview for about 6 minutes in-between receiving pictures of cats with strange names or similiarly bizarre articles. Oh well. That's entertainment (or not...) :wink:

Hi David - you're right, Jeremy Thomas has changed a bit - we all do, I'm afraid - you just wait until you get older! :wink:

Michael
David M

Post by David M »

Michaeljf wrote:

Hi David - you're right, Jeremy Thomas has changed a bit - we all do, I'm afraid - you just wait until you get older! :wink:
I'm almost the same age as you!! :D

Return to “Books, Articles, Videos, TV”