Eyarth Rocks

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
Mark Spedding

Eyarth Rocks

Post by Mark Spedding »

Hi all,

I'm thinking about visiting Eyarth Rocks in North Wales next weekend (weather permitting, of course!) specifically to look for Pearl-bordered Frit, Dingy and Grizzled Skippers.
I've never been to this reserve before, I was wondering if anyone has could they give me a few pointers as to where to look for the aforementioned species.

Thanks

Mark
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Hi Mark - a late response I know. All I can suggest is that, given the lack of a response here, you contact the relevant BC branch.

Cheers,

- Pete
Mark Spedding

Post by Mark Spedding »

For anyone interested I visited last Saturday, and after it had stopped raining managed to locate one PBF, which was perched.
The reserve warden had had 40 odd earkier in the week in somewhat better weather, with this years maximum count on the reserve 98, a number which has been steadily rising over the past few years.
We also saw one of the Butterfly Orchids which ws nice.

Later we visied a brownfield site in Wrexham and saw both Dingy and Grizzled Skippers.
eric garnett

eyarth rocks

Post by eric garnett »

sorry i have only just joined the forum and only just seen your comments yea the sites great for the pbf up on top down the back side got some great photos lastt year the year before i was there latter in the year and saw a purple hairstreak on the ferns close to the wall that surrounds the top on the left as you go in

best eric

Return to “Sites”