More early sightings...

Discussion forum for sightings.
millerd

More early sightings...

Post by millerd »

The BC website lists Dark Green Fritillary (Derbyshire) and Large Heath (Ceredigion) as the latest new arrivals. This appears to leave only 17 species yet to be seen this year. I also think I spotted a reference to a possible Small Skipper on a BC Branch website, but this hadn't been centrally logged as of this evening. And now I can't find it!

Dave
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: More early sightings...

Post by Pete Eeles »

millerd wrote:The BC website lists Dark Green Fritillary (Derbyshire) and Large Heath (Ceredigion) as the latest new arrivals. This appears to leave only 17 species yet to be seen this year. I also think I spotted a reference to a possible Small Skipper on a BC Branch website, but this hadn't been centrally logged as of this evening. And now I can't find it!

Dave
Thanks Dave - I feel some tweets coming on :)

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
David M

Post by David M »

It hasn't stopped raining in Wales for a fortnight and it's cold to boot.

How can Large Heaths be out here?
millerd

Post by millerd »

millerd wrote:I also think I spotted a reference to a possible Small Skipper on a BC Branch website, but this hadn't been centrally logged as of this evening. And now I can't find it!

Dave
And now I have found it - Sussex BC site, 19th May. However, the description doesn't sound 100% convincing...

Dave
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

millerd wrote:
millerd wrote:I also think I spotted a reference to a possible Small Skipper on a BC Branch website, but this hadn't been centrally logged as of this evening. And now I can't find it!
Dave
And now I have found it - Sussex BC site, 19th May. However, the description doesn't sound 100% convincing...

Dave
I caught a glimpse of what I thought was one 20 May, but it could have been a Large, a mile north of the Sussex border in Surrey. I haven't recorded it. A day without wind would help.

Return to “Sightings”