Grizzled Skipper RFI

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
jonno

Grizzled Skipper RFI

Post by jonno »

Hi all

Seeing all the recent reports of GS on here has got my imagination going!

I am based in Gloucestershire and GS is still a lifer for me. So could any of you kind folks help me with a sure-fire site somewhere within reasonable driving distance please? My Dad has agreed to a day out this weekend so any tips would be really great! A grid reference and on-site directions would sure be appreciated. Thanks

Jonno
Lawts

Re: Grizzled Skipper RFI

Post by Lawts »

I too would appreciate any info. re connecting with GS. I have some sites - East Midlands/Norfolk but would love to know if they are flying yet - Ketton Quarries, Foulden. I'd keep popping in, but it's a long drive to find I'm too early.

This weather is playing tricks on me. I keep feeling I need to be acting now, but the reports suggest the weather isn't actually bringing them out earlier - may be further south, but not in central England.

Any recent info. for sites I'd encounter first driving south would be much appreciated.
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

jonno wrote:Hi all

Seeing all the recent reports of GS on here has got my imagination going!

I am based in Gloucestershire and GS is still a lifer for me. So could any of you kind folks help me with a sure-fire site somewhere within reasonable driving distance please? My Dad has agreed to a day out this weekend so any tips would be really great! A grid reference and on-site directions would sure be appreciated. Thanks

Jonno
You could try Daneway Banks; there is a phone number for the warden who will tell you if any Grizzled Skippers have been seen recently

http://www.gloucestershirewildlifetrust ... 2F003398D8

Charles
David M

Post by David M »

They can be found in the Forest of Dean area. I found them at White Rock last June.

Return to “Sites”