Suggestions please

This is a forum for, primarily, monthly (or so!) photographic competitions that complement the annual competition.
Gibster

Re: Suggestions please

Post by Gibster »

LOL, what a bunch of lechers! :lol: You'll just have to join us one day and see for yourselves... :wink:

And talking of...click on the symbol under my details (right hand side of this post) to view our 2011 website - then you can see where and when we plan to go (dates largely weather dependent so may change). Nearer the time I'll start posting details on this site's Calendar facility. Be good to meet you guys -Asperger's, sociopaths, grumpy old men and cross-dressers are all very welcome!

Gibster. :D
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

I only wondered. My trouble is,,, i picture things in my head. :oops:
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Gibster wrote:LOL, what a bunch of lechers! :lol: You'll just have to join us one day and see for yourselves... :wink:

And talking of...click on the symbol under my details (right hand side of this post) to view our 2011 website - then you can see where and when we plan to go (dates largely weather dependent so may change). Nearer the time I'll start posting details on this site's Calendar facility. Be good to meet you guys -Asperger's, sociopaths, grumpy old men and cross-dressers are all very welcome!

I've just been looking at your website. It's really good. :D I'll enjoy reading about your Lands End to John O'Groats walk, it's something I could only dream of doing.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

OK you lot (and I guess I'm talking to the lads now) it seems that the number of hits on my website have suddenly taken a bit of a leap. And oddly enough most seem to be on Sami's page. Bad luck fellas, she won't start adding anything until she sees her first butterfly of the season. :lol:

But if you wanna see a butterfly on her chest go to http://www.butterflyblitz2010.webs.com/samsdiary.htm and scroll down to August.
Failing that you may prefer http://www.butterflyblitz2010.webs.com/ ... d=93910113

But best of all would be if we all met up sometime soon! :D :D

Gibster and Sami.
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Do you have Sami's permission to offer to show her tattoo to all and sundry! :lol:
NickB

Post by NickB »

Gibster and Sami,
..do you have a cellar full of sad, old men...? :shock:
....and a big pile of fantastic photographic equipment.... :twisted:
"Conservation starts in small places, close to home..."
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

And if my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine,,, its alright Ma, its life and life only.
Bob Dylan, Blonde on Blonde i think, Lee will put me right. EDIT: Oops! Wrong again, it was 'Bringing it all back home' :shock:
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Indeed, Bringing it all Back Home.
While money doesn’t talk, it swears
Obscenity, who really cares
Propaganda, all is phony.
Cheers

Lee
To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

No worries, folks. Sam's as game for a laugh as I am (she'd have to be, waking up next to me every morning!) and is currently glowing with all the attention. :wink: And she also hopes to meet some of you this coming season. Particularly anybody out there with an Irish accent (oh no, I tell too much!!! :lol: )

We appear to be running at a tangent with the topic at hand though. I vote for "Butterfly as Prey" but my own preference would be for adult butterflies rather than immature stages (although hats off to Guy's WLH pupa under attack. I'd be hard-pressed not to save the pupa)

Gibster.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Begorra,,, bejabers, there was theez tree fellers!

Oops PC out of the window again.

I suppose what we have all gained from this, is the knowledge that Gibster and his lady are at one with themselves, and the world. This is the sort of bond that lasts, and they seem to me like a very nice couple. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Denise

Post by Denise »

There was a great photo of butterflies as prey in a previous comp, under behaviour.
Scroll down to Eccles, at the end of the first page.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1708
David M

Post by David M »

Susie wrote:
Gibster wrote:LOL, what a bunch of lechers! :lol: You'll just have to join us one day and see for yourselves... :wink:

I've just been looking at your website. It's really good. :D I'll enjoy reading about your Lands End to John O'Groats walk, it's something I could only dream of doing.
I'd love to do it too, only I'd start at JOG and finish at Land's End. After that, I'd hop on a ferry to Brittany and walk right through France to Port Bou, just over the Spanish border.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Denise wrote:There was a great photo of butterflies as prey in a previous comp, under behaviour.
Scroll down to Eccles, at the end of the first page.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1708
What a photo! Stunning.

Cheers

Lee
Susie

Post by Susie »

That's a great photo. I remember once someone had some great footage of wood ants attacking and carrying off a butterfly too, I think it was either a marsh or heath fritillary. :?
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Susie,
I remember that sequence - it was m_galathea (Alexander Henderson) and wood ants/Pearl-bordered Frits. Excellent pics I recall.
Neil
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Hi Susie, Neil,

Are they on the site, can we see them?

Thanks,

Lee
Denise

Post by Denise »

Lee Hurrell wrote:Hi Susie, Neil,

Are they on the site, can we see them?

Thanks,

Lee
Hi Lee,

Not Susie or Neil, but I have found it :)
It's in the October 2008 comp, behaviour.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Thanks Denise.

Gruesome. I presume that was a freshly emerged individual.

Cheers

Lee
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

Thanks for the feedback, there is now a poll created for the 2011/12 out of season themed competitions. :D

Regards Gruditch
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

Gary
I saw no category there for butterfly tattoos on attractive young women.
Was this just an oversight?
:oops: :lol:
Cheers

Roger

Return to “Competitions”