Personality types?

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Personality types?

Post by Padfield »

Gibster wrote:I imagine that modern mankind's ancestors 'arrived' as a result of genetically engineering the indigenous primitive hominid's DNA with artificially improved DNA. In fact I'd go as far as to say that all life on earth is the result of a mega-rich, utterly brilliant alien scientist who decided to start a biological experiment on this small planet we call Earth. He's probably a bit of a geek and not much of a hit with the ladies, but thanks to his mad experiments here we are. Shame about all those ship-jumping minibeasts though.
Nearly right, Gibster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/g ... cham.shtml

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Susie

Post by Susie »

I loved that series of hitchhikers when I was a kid, I knew it virtually word for word (we didn't have a video recorder in those days so I sat next to the telly and recorded it on a cassette player :lol: ). Whenever we have cut backs at work I think of the cautionary tale of the telephone sanitisers and hope our yearly visit will continue.

However, I think that the world could have been created by the Great Spagetti Monster and Pastafarianism is, in fact, the way forward. http://www.venganza.org/about/
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Hmmm, I must admit some of the quoted beliefs are tempting, Susie:

» We are fond of beer
» Every Friday is a Religious Holiday
» We do not take ourselves too seriously

Although I sit on the same side of the fence as you in everyday life, I could be persuaded!

Cheers

Lee
To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Firstly, i'd like to say that i didn't twig the Craig Charles avatar straight off. While not being overly thoughtful about it, at the back of my mind the question "why has Susie got a pic of Sherpa Tenzing as an avatar now?" has been repeating itself like cucumber.
I agree with much that has been said in this thread, about the hunter/gatherer, which is inclusive of both sexes. My interest is primarily a visual one. Always a visually driven person, whatever my hobbies, which have been quite numerous over the years. This means that the photography side is the most important for me. Like Gibster i too started on birds in my early teens, when i was a real loner, spending hours just sitting in trees and observing. I've always been interested in wildlife, and a supporter of conservation, but i tend to concentrate on single subjects.
With butterflies and me it is purely visual, with the end product being a trophy photo. I may take a passing interest in eggs, and larvae, to enable me to this end, but the adult stages are the main interest. I walk like a mouse in a cattery through the halls of academe, because therein i'm completely out of my comfort zone. No university education here, just the ability to recite my tables up to 12X. I have spent most of my life in the great outdoors of Dorset. So maybe i'm not your typical UKB contributor. I think that a love of nature might be the prominent trait in here. :D
Last edited by Zonda on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Hey Zonda, that's a really nice posting.

Hey Guy, dammit - I thought I'd come up with something off the wall and now discover that Hitch-hikers did it all decades ago!! :? Guess I was too busy throwing beetles to frogs or finding out what happens when you drop black ants into a red ant's nest... Bloomin' Hitch-hikers! Don't hate me but I don't like Star Trek, CSI or Friends either. Star Wars or South Park though...now we're talking! :D

Gibster.
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Gibster:
Even the local Jehovah's Witnesses learned to steer well clear of my doorbell, and that IS completely true!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the same with me. I used to enjoy trying to covert them to my way of thinking. They would just turn tail and leave. Sadly, they no longer call so I am denied that sport. Maybe - like tramps in the old days - they put a secret sign on the gate. But unlike the tramps' sign which implied "welcome here - you'll get food", I guess the Jehovah's Witnesses make a sign indicating "risk of de-conversion here".

Jack
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Yes! the sadness of all this doorstep evangelism is that they always send really good looking young females to spread the word. I have terrible trouble turning them away. Which i suppose,, is the whole point of the exercise. I usually keep my doorstep manner abrupt,,, but on one occasion,,,, oh! never mind, the details would bore you all silly. :lol:
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

I wish I could remeber who to credit this to.
A comic on the radio once said he was going through a really lonely time, when he had a knock on the door.
It was a pair of Jehovas witnesses.
Delighted that he would at last have some company, he invited them in, made a cup of tea, and then sat in front of them asking
"What happens now?"
Apparently they looked bewildered at each other, and then said
"We don't know, we've never got this far before!"

..and it was Ross Noble who said-
"These people (Jehovas Witnesses) going around trying to persuade me to take up their hobby!
My hobby is Monopoly - perhaps I should knock on doors telling people how great my hobby is. When they say they aren't interested I could then say "Do you mind if I leave you a copy of the rules!"
Cheers

Roger
Piers

Post by Piers »

Susie wrote:I also wonder how many of the lovely ladies on here are male brained (rather than gender reassigned) and also how many people are within the autistic spectrum.
Dare to take the test here

Felix.
David M

Post by David M »

Christ, according to that I'm borderline Asperger's!!

Nurse!
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Christ, according to that I'm borderline Asperger's!!

Nurse!
LOL. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I scored 31 which is above average (but for what?)

Someone find a "grumpy test". I'm sure I would score "well above average" on that.

Jack
David M

Post by David M »

Jack Harrison wrote:I scored 31 which is above average (but for what?)

Someone find a "grumpy test". I'm sure I would score "well above average" on that.

Jack
Jack, I got 32! I'm off to see the psychiatrist next week!
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

The Grumpy Old Man test.

You won't like it.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-grumpy-old-man-test

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I wouldn't mind betting that however you answer the questions, you will always finish up with a score of 31 +/- 1.

I might give it a try in the morning by disagreeing strongly with EVERYTHING and then see what score I get.

Jack
Piers

Post by Piers »

David M wrote:Christ, according to that I'm borderline Asperger's!!

Nurse!
But it's clearly a load of old crock.

Felix.
David M

Post by David M »

Felix wrote:
David M wrote:Christ, according to that I'm borderline Asperger's!!

Nurse!
But it's clearly a load of old crock.
quote]

Perhaps I'll withdraw that offer I made last year to help you find Silver Studded Blues in Pembrokeshire :)
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

That test was rubbish. Not once did it suggest ' you prefer to talk to dead people', ' you hate it when the wheels come off your pet tortoise' or 'you think The Wombles are real'.

And I can't tell if 49 is a good score or a bad 'un...as Jack says, you will probably always end up borderline 'whatever the test is for' regardless of fact.

But I think we've found a link to personality types! :wink:
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Felix wrote:
Susie wrote:I also wonder how many of the lovely ladies on here are male brained (rather than gender reassigned) and also how many people are within the autistic spectrum.
Dare to take the test here

Felix.
My score - 25 (above average). My girlfriend will tell you I'm not good with a sudden change of plan or being spontaneous. I also think I have a touch of OCD....

Nurse!

Lee
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

I would suggest the higher the score the more likely you have elements of autism according to the test.

I could tell which questions would lead to a higher score though.

Cheers

Lee

Return to “General”