Zonda

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Zonda

Re: Zonda

Post by Zonda »

One taken from my garden hide. The out of focus birch sapling isn't too distracting.

Diary entries for 2011 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Spring is in the air.

Diary entries for 2011 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

That Goldfinch picture is magic.

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

That Goldfinch picture is magic.
Cheers Jack, that means a lot to me. :D

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Just like to say that despite our political, and other differences, i really admire Felix's knowledge of his chosen subject, which is beyond reproach. :D

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

Wonderful Goldfinch shot Zonda.

Regards Gruditch

Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Stick to birds Zonda and don't annoy us with butterfly pictures to the same standard otherwise we might as well give up :mrgreen:

Looking forward to a Dorset Scarce Swallowtail or a Long-tailed Blue later this year - maybe even one of the fabled Portland Short-tailed Blues. Nothing less will do.

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Grud said:
Wonderful Goldfinch shot Zonda.
Thats a real compliment coming from you Gary.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Jack
Stick to birds Zonda and don't annoy us with butterfly pictures to the same standard
That thought has crossed my mind many times during the winter birding season. I am naturally drawn to birds, which were my first love as a teenager. I have no real 'in depth' knowledge of butterflies, and their habits. It is photography that draws me to the winged insects that adorn our summers. I may never have the passion that some of you obviously possess. I suppose that photography has always dominated my interests. That said, i do admire all of the stalwarts on this website, and their dedication to subject. :wink:

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Just had a thought, how about 'Unusual angles' for a competition theme.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Just wondered what the photographers in the forum think about this practice.

BEFORE

AFTER

For myself, i'm not that enthralled, and not that good at it, preferring to take a similar shot in the first place (not always possible). I think it maybe common practice among those that do it for a living, but what do us amateurs think?

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I have no great problem with that manipulation provided it is made clear it has been post-processed to blur the background. Obviously, the original has to be retained.

I'm not very clever myself with PhotoShop so couldn't do anything quite so clever. Is it that difficult to do - and how do you do it?

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

I'm not very clever myself with PhotoShop so couldn't do anything quite so clever. Is it that difficult to do - and how do you do it?
I have never possessed Photoshop, so cannot comment on anything photoshopish.

it is simple in any program that supports 'Layers'. You make or choose a background, load the background first, then the original on top. Using the 'erase' tool, paint out the clutter of branches, revealing the cleaner image beneath it. :)
Last edited by Zonda on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Thanks for the complement Zonda.

So if not PhotoShop, what is your secret?

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Keep it simple, and use your camera to its fullest capabilities.

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Today is my Wedding Anniversary, not sure if its 38 or 39. She has made me a beef stew to warm up, and left for her work at a local hospital. Whatta woman! :D

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Zonda had a little amnesia about his wedding anniversary:
...not sure if its 38 or 39...
I can remember how many I've had (no 26 just coming up) but I'm damned if i can remember the date. So I have to look at a calendar for April 1985 as I do recall that it was a Tuesday in the middle of the month.

Anyway, well done to you Zonda (and of course your wife) for surviving that long :)

Jack

Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Anyway, well done to you Zonda (and of course your wife) for surviving that long :)
I think that she is the survivor, any woman that stands by a man that long, has to be. :roll:

Cheers,,, Zonda.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Congratulations Zonda :D

Chuffing great Chaffinch too!

Cheers

Lee

To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.

Return to “Personal Diaries”