Butterfly Snookers Ronnie O'Sullivan

Discussion forum for books and any other media concerning butterflies.
Neil Hulme

Butterfly Snookers Ronnie O'Sullivan

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi all,
Click on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 258784.stm. Potting yellow, red, blue and black with one shot would presumably score 15, as long as the white stayed up.
Neil
David M

Re: Butterfly Snookers Ronnie O'Sullivan

Post by David M »

Poor thing was probably woken up from hibernation by the bright lights and attracted by the powerful colours on the table.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Of course there was the WL Hairstreak at Wimbledon a few years ago.

So how about a winter competition? Wildlife spotted on non-wildlife TV programmes,

I start with Silver Gulls at the Test Match in Adelaide.

Jack
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

I well remember a particular Girls 100m race in my junior school, a hot sunny afternoon on Sports Day. We boys had all run our heats, now it was the girl's turn. The girls lined up, fingers in the grass, bums in the air...on your marks...get set (cue a spider to run across one particular set of fingers)...and she's off!!!! Screaming all the way!!! That young lady certainly had the fastest time - a pity she ran straight across the field and back to the safety of the changing rooms :lol:
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
David M

Post by David M »

Gibster wrote:I well remember a particular Girls 100m race in my junior school, a hot sunny afternoon on Sports Day. We boys had all run our heats, now it was the girl's turn. The girls lined up, fingers in the grass, bums in the air...on your marks...get set (cue a spider to run across one particular set of fingers)...and she's off!!!! Screaming all the way!!! That young lady certainly had the fastest time - a pity she ran straight across the field and back to the safety of the changing rooms :lol:
Girls of that age are largely pathetic.
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

At least he didn't resort to the spider.
(I'll get me coat!)
Cheers

Roger
Susie

Post by Susie »

David M wrote:
Gibster wrote:I well remember a particular Girls 100m race in my junior school, a hot sunny afternoon on Sports Day. We boys had all run our heats, now it was the girl's turn. The girls lined up, fingers in the grass, bums in the air...on your marks...get set (cue a spider to run across one particular set of fingers)...and she's off!!!! Screaming all the way!!! That young lady certainly had the fastest time - a pity she ran straight across the field and back to the safety of the changing rooms :lol:
Rubbish!

In my experience as many men as women are scared of spiders.
Paul Wetton

Post by Paul Wetton »

I agree. Although I love Spiders, I know plenty of guys who don't.

My old boss used to be terrified of them.

Always great to stick a huge spider in his office when he annoyed me. No harm done to the spiders as he was so scared of them he'd just run away.
Cheers Paul

Post by Susie »

You might like this lady then, Paul, who lives by my kitchen door. Apologies for poor picture quality, it's a pain trying to hold a torch and focus a camera at the same time. :D
Mrs F. Widow.jpg
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

David M wrote:Girls of that age are largely pathetic.
Possibly so, but it's so satisfying watching a girlie huddle explode screaming in 100 different directions when you throw stag beetles into their hair :lol:

...I should mention that the last time I did that I was 12 years old - and was suitably punished...

I used to work in a fisheries when I quit school. One chap in the offices was particularly loud, brash and suffered from an immensely inflated ego (well, we suffered from it at least). The cure? Chuck a couple of crayfish into his desk drawer and wait for the hysterical screams to begin. Worked a treat :twisted: (Note - no crayfish were harmed during the course of our pranking around, they don't have eardrums).

Gibster.

PS - it's interesting how quickly a thread can go off-topic!
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Rogerdodge wrote:At least he didn't resort to the spider.
Aaaaah...finally the penny drops! Duh :lol:
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Ah Sports Days.

A wonderful printing error (almost certainly deliberate) concerned a Russian Olympic high jumper.
“Vladimir Putov has damaged a thing muscle and won’t be able to jump for several weeks”

And at my school sports (boys only), one chap in the sprint had trouble with his running shorts. A raucous shout from the crowd:
“Look at Smith. His c**k’s hanging out”.

Jack
David M

Post by David M »

Susie wrote:
David M wrote:
Rubbish!

In my experience as many men as women are scared of spiders.
Maybe, but the difference is that they keep their fears well concealed.

The idea of half a dozen blokes suddenly breaking into a screaming sprint en masse because of a spider is simply unthinkable.

Return to “Books, Articles, Videos, TV”