Alners Gorse

Discussion forum for conservation of butterflies.
ChrisC

Alners Gorse

Post by ChrisC »

I hope people don't mind but having been down to Alners Gorse for the first time this morning for a work party, I just wanted to say how impressed i was with the work being done down there, the difference being made is phenomenal. I was made extremely welcome by a great bunch of volunteers. I'll ache like hell in the morning (not used to manual labour :) )but it was worth it just to see the commitment to the reserve. tough job being well done.

Chris
Zonda

Re: Alners Gorse

Post by Zonda »

Nice one Chris, if you go down to all the conservation days you'll probably meet Sue and Ali who were not present at Sundays meet due to work commitments. This is Mrs Zonda and her sister, unfortunately my dickie ticker wont let me partake. :(
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Thanks to Nigel Spring and his willing team of volunteers, the work this off season is going on at a rare pace. Even as i am writing this, my better half is helping to make this site even more impressive. Just sorry i can't do anything myself.
A couple of pics from the 'Sawbench Day'
Wow,,, this guy is something else. A talented bodger if ever i saw one. I hope he leaves the bench at Alners, because i'll definitely make use of that next season.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Zonda,
Is your 'better half', Mrs Zonda, driving the JCB?! :wink: Nice to see the troops at work - every one a hero in my eyes. :D
Neil

Return to “Conservation”