Lathkill Dale

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
thorntonmothman

Lathkill Dale

Post by thorntonmothman »

I'm planning a weekend in 2010 around Goyt Valley but wanted to pull in Lathkill at some point. We are there 3rd/4th July but I suspect this may be a tad too early for WL Hairstreak and/or DG Frit. Does anyone have any knowledge of this site that might be able to help? Thanks in advance
grumpy

Re: Lathkill Dale

Post by grumpy »

Hi, try a visit to Coombs Dale not far from Chatsworth. Saw quite a few Dk Gn Fritt this year. Also good for Gn Hstreak, Brimstone, Wall, Bwn Argus. Only a small dale but lots to see at the right time

regards

grumpy or so the wife says! (Dave Clay)
selbypaul

Re: Lathkill Dale

Post by selbypaul »

thorntonmothman wrote:I'm planning a weekend in 2010 around Goyt Valley but wanted to pull in Lathkill at some point. We are there 3rd/4th July but I suspect this may be a tad too early for WL Hairstreak and/or DG Frit. Does anyone have any knowledge of this site that might be able to help? Thanks in advance
Not sure about the WL Hairstreak, but you are right on the cusp for the DG Fritillary. I saw the first fresh DG Frit's at a site to the east of Sheffield on the 2nd of July this year. However, the site is a lowland site, so you may be a week or two early for Lathkill Dale
Paul

Return to “Sites”