Turning warmer this week

Discussion forum for discussing the weather, both now and predicted!
millerd

Turning warmer this week

Post by millerd »

The Met. Office say it will be getting warmer and sunnier over the next few days (in Southern England at least), with winds turning southerly and southeasterly. Does anyone know if there are any interesting potential migrants poised in Northern France just waiting to be wafted across on balmy breezes? A good time to be patrolling the south coast perhaps...

Dave
Zonda

Re: Turning warmer this week

Post by Zonda »

Let's hope they're right Dave. I'll be keeping my eye on Portland and the coast thereabouts. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
millerd

Post by millerd »

I didn't think I'd be saying this again, but summer hasn't quite finished, if this forecast for my area from the BBC is correct...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... a=Heathrow
Whether there's anything much left to be tempted out into the sun is another matter. Winds from the south and southeast, and from some way south too, so maybe something continental may find its way to the south coast. Ever optimistic of course!

Dave
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Clouded Yellows PLEASE!!!!

Gibster

PS - Still need the blighters for my Big Year Blitz attempt. (Plus Mountain Ringlet - but that ain't gonna happen...)
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

It ain't gonna happen mate. I've already stuck me bird lens on, so if it does happen i'll be well gutted. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
millerd

Post by millerd »

I'm hoping that the Sussex BC sightings page will be updated promptly tomorrow evening with a selection of CY sightings so I can trek down there on Saturday or Sunday - told you I was ever optimistic!

Dave
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Good luck. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.

Return to “Weather”