Competition

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
bailey1409

Post by bailey1409 »

I would like to add my thanks to everyone concerned with the competition.
I know that Peter has put in lots of time and effort. Thanks to WILDguides for their generousity in providing the prize.
Thanks to everyone who voted for my shot, it is appreciated a great deal, not an easy competition to come in first place, with such superb shots everywhere. I can see why people said it caused lots of headaches whilst they were making their choices.

It has been great fun and I am looking forward to the next one that Peter organises. I'm sure that we will be regailed with lots more excellent photographs.

Cheers

Maurice
eccles

Post by eccles »

Three very worthy winners...
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Congrats to the winners!! Excellent photos :-)

Thanks Pete for organising this, I salivate in anticipation for the next one!
Wayne
twitcher

competition

Post by twitcher »

Well done all, so many talented photographers,excellent!!! winners.
Thanks to Pete for all his effortsI look forward to next season
Chris

Post by Chris »

Indeed, amazing photographs! Pete, I know this is a leppy website and not a photo one, but how about an interview with the winner to find out a little bit about his technique and preparation so we can all benefit?!

I also can't wait for next year, I think I've already cleaned my camera twice since all the butterflies left our meadows! I'm getting an itchy shutter-finger.

Are we allowed to suggest categories for next years monthly competitions? :wink: I'd like to see some 'arty' categories, like "shape" and "contrast", or something really abstract like "summer" or "life", to level the playing field for those of us with less technical ability??

thanks again, Pete! Chris
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Hi Chris - and thanks again, everyone, for the kind comments.

"how about an interview with the winner"
Funny you should say that, since Maurice gave a presentation on his photography at this year's Hampshire and Isle of Wight Butterfly Conservation branch members' day. The point is - I know Maurice has material he can share! And many many wonderful photos. And he uses a tripod :)

Although Maurice does monitor this forum, I'll contact him directly to see if he could write something up that I can then post as an article.

The next interview will hopefully be with Jeremy Thomas, of Large Blue fame. I'm working on it :)

Yes - of course you can suggest categories! Please use this thread. I'm also considering setting up monthly photography challenges (e.g. "hibernators" in April, "the first emergence" in May etc.).

Cheers,

- Pete
Dormouse

Post by Dormouse »

Sorry to add my 2 penneth :lol: but can we have a category for best pic taken with a digital camera that cost less than £100, was brand new when paid for, had no extended lenses or add ons and the photographers eyes were closed when they took it .............. :lol: ? Maybe then I stand a chance (although you can't let the under 30's enter of course .......... :lol: )

Fantastic competition Pete, thank you and well done to all that enetered! My sadness was that like many others I spent hours deliberating over who got my vote but in the end noone did because my computer died twice over :cry:

Here's to next year!

DM
Pete Eeles

Post by Pete Eeles »

Chris wrote:... how about an interview with the winner to find out a little bit about his technique and preparation so we can all benefit?!
See

http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/reports_mauricepugh.php

This will be announced at the next major update. Enjoy!

Cheers,

- Pete
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks Pete... and thank you Maurice!

Return to “General”