One more for i/d please.

Discussion forum for getting a butterfly identified.
eddie17

One more for i/d please.

Post by eddie17 »

One more found in Devon.
Attachments
SNB13257.JPG
Dave

Re: One more for i/d please.

Post by Dave »

Any more to come Eddie? :?
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Eddie,, i cant knock your endeavor or your enthusiasm for your subject, but i have to say your photography could be improved. Perhaps some time devoted to this would help the experts on here id your moths easier. It is a vast subject, and i admire you for taking it on, but slowly, slowly catchy monkey. That means i think you would benefit taking a more studied, and thoughtful approach. Then i believe you could identify many of these moths yourself. Cheers :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
eddie17

Post by eddie17 »

Hi Zonda,
I do take your critcisms seriously and I normally do take reasonable to good photos, but the moth ones were all taken in the dead of night when it was impossible to focus clearly. As I have said most were taken around a security light, not the best of places for good photography. Thanks once again for your help.
Eddie.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

I dont think i've helped much. :D I think you might be able to capture a couple at a time, keep them alive. Take their picture in daylight, and then release them. I don't know what all the moth people think, but that is what i'd be thinking. :) I'm not an expert on moths. :|
Cheers,,, Zonda.
MikeWall

Post by MikeWall »

This is Celypha lacunana. I echo Zonda's sentiments, Eddie. Do you have a field guide at all? It won't help with the small stuff like this one, but if you haven't got it, then I'd recommend you get Waring, Townsend and Lewington's guide in preparation for next year.

Mike
eddie17

Post by eddie17 »

Thanks Mike for the i/d. I do not have the book that you mentioned, but I do know that I have a book coming for Xmas.

Return to “Identification”