To all concerned

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
eccles

To all concerned

Post by eccles »

A recent discussion between myself and a member of this forum has culminated with the member slinging what I consider to be unwarranted insults. When told to 'grow up' his response was something that would be more suited to a school playground bully.
With the exception of this one individual my membership of UKB has been one of unalloyed delight, both of the images posted, and of the experiences regaled of butterflies, also the other wonderful wildlife that this country has to offer.
However I feel I cannot accept such behaviour under a regime of threats, implied or real, nor continue to post to this forum without the feeling of continually treading on eggshells.
As a result, I regretfully withdraw from this forum with immediate effect.
To Pete and all other members, I wish you continued success in your support for butterflies and their conservation.

Mike.
Charles Nicol

Re: To all concerned

Post by Charles Nicol »

hi eccles

we will miss you if you decide to go. i have had some unpleasant experiences from a well-known member but have tried to concentrate on the far more numerous delightful people.

charles

:(
Dave

Post by Dave »

Eccles - A year or so back a similar thing between myself and you occurred on Photography on the Net forum and you posted a very similar email on there announcing you were leaving. Come on fella, I don't post here much but I enjoy reading your regular contributions. I didn't see the insults and don't know who it was, although I can guess :wink: As I said on potn pick your toys up and keep posting.
Love from Dave
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

Because the PMs I was receiving were to say the least, bad temped, and a little bizarre, I decided as I receive them, it would be wise to share them with several forum and Team members, glad I did. :wink:

However it is a shame that you never gave me time to reply to your last PM Eccles.

Gruditch
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

To all concerned...We are all concerned, that two nice guys, and valued contributers to this site are falling out over nothing. I have had loads of help, and inspiration from both of these guys for most of this season. Come on, it's the butterflies that count, and i'd be gutted if one of you left. Saw a nice Comma today, but it got away. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Gruditch

Post by Gruditch »

Your back, :D thought you had gone to your fungi.

As it happens its all your fault Zonda. If you hadn't of said "buy a Nikon", he wouldn't of said "buy a Sony", and I wouldn't of made my street cred jest that really made him mad.

Gruditch
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Gosh...........really,,, well i am very sorry for that. :shock: I think eccles is a fine photographer.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Gruditch

Post by Gruditch »

Zonda wrote:Gosh...........really,,,
No :D

Gruditch
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Dont fall out over triviality. This site is bigger than all of you....it has been an education for me, and i'm 60 this year.
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Gawd was it all about his Sony again - that's why he threw his toys out of the pram on the phootography on the net forum. Still he was back the day after :D
When I said I thought I could guess whom he'd falling out with I was wrong btw.
Gruditch

Post by Gruditch »

Dave wrote:When I said I thought I could guess whom he'd falling out with I was wrong btw.
Damn, I should of stayed quiet. :x

Gruditch
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

B****y h**l.
I go off to Germany for a few days (I have only just found internet access), and World War III breaks out - no, not in Germany, but here on UKB.
Now, I know both of you pretty well, and you are both really good guys, good photographers, and naturalists.
I suggest we all kiss and make up. The cameraderie on this list is too important to lose over a few comments.
What do you say? Mike, Gary - send a couple of nice PMs to each other and let's put this tiff behind us - please!?
Cheers

Roger
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Seconded. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Thirded. Both of you have have been superb of help and excellent of advice for me this year, for which I am very grateful.

Zonda's right, it's the butterflies that come first and how we get their photos is really a matter of personal choice, trial and error, good luck and a large bucket of practice. But we WILL get there. Some of us already are in my opinion.

Come on fellas.

Best,

Lee
To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Susie

Post by Susie »

This thread's hilarious. Grown men. :lol:
Gruditch

Post by Gruditch »

Grown Men, scientifically proved to be the biggest children on the planet :D

Gruditch
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

Yeh! But i wouldn't gamble my XXXXX on it. :lol:
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Piers

Post by Piers »

Zonda wrote:Yeh! But i wouldn't gamble my XXXXX on it. :lol:
Zonda, you can't come back - we all said really nice things cuz we thought you'd gone...!! :lol:
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

It's 'slow time' on the fungus front,,,,plus i can't get motivated. I have been more interested in the Red Ads, and Commas on my neighbours Buddleia. I'll let you retract all those nice things you said, it's hard to contribute to a subject in which one is such a novice, but i'm drawn (magnetically) to this site. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

I hope eccles is too. :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.

Return to “General”