Hello everybody

Let us know what you think of the UK Butterflies website, and tell us something about yourself!
David M

Hello everybody

Post by David M »

Hi there,

Just joined this forum as a result of searching the net trying to find good places to hunt for butterflies in the stunning area of the country I now live (South East Wales).

Spent last Sunday (first glorious day for a while) in Croes Robert Wood near Monmouth and waded through approx 1,000 butterflies (mostly Meadow & Hedge Browns) as well as numerous Commas nectaring on Hemp Agrimony, plenty of Speckled Woods and a solitary Brimstone.

Glad to see there's a forum for enthusiasts and I hope to be contributing regularly.

Regards,

David.
Zonda

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Zonda »

Hya Dave. I cant get near a comma. I've been tantalisingly close today, but they dont like me. Happy hunting.

Zonda :D
Cheers,,, Zonda.
Denise

Post by Denise »

Welcome to the site David. :D
I'm sure that you'll find us a helpful lot.

Denise
Denise
Dave McCormick

Post by Dave McCormick »

Hi Dvid and welcome from another David! :)
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
David M

Post by David M »

Zonda wrote:Hya Dave. I cant get near a comma. I've been tantalisingly close today, but they dont like me. Happy hunting.

Zonda :D
Amazingly, I even saw one on my mother's buddleia in the Isle of Man (first time I've ever seen one over there).

There were at least two dozen visible along the long sunlit path I walked down last week and quite a lot looked beautifully fresh.

Only saw one Tortoiseshell though - where have they all gone? They used to be ten a penny when I was a kid living in the north west of England.
Zonda

Post by Zonda »

I saw a comma on West Bexington beach today, but there was a stream between it and myself. :(
Cheers,,, Zonda.

Return to “Guestbook”