Brown hairstreaks

Susie

Re: Brown hairstreaks

Post by Susie »

I understand completely but they are wild creatures and need to be wild. They appear to love to bask in the sunshine and it just isn't fair to keep them in a netted enclosure.

Fingers crossed we will get you some great photos. Unfortunately I seem to be showing all the symptoms of swine flu tonight (my tamiflu is ready for collection in the morning) but hopefully it will pass quickly and things will take place as planned.
Denise

Post by Denise »

Susie wrote: Unfortunately I seem to be showing all the symptoms of swine flu tonight (my tamiflu is ready for collection in the morning) but hopefully it will pass quickly and things will take place as planned.
Sorry to hear that Susie, I hope that you soon feel better.

Denise
Denise
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Susie wrote:Unfortunately I seem to be showing all the symptoms of swine flu tonight (my tamiflu is ready for collection in the morning) but hopefully it will pass quickly and things will take place as planned.
Flippin 'eck - get well soon, Sooz.

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Dave McCormick

Post by Dave McCormick »

Unfortunately I seem to be showing all the symptoms of swine flu tonight (my tamiflu is ready for collection in the morning) but hopefully it will pass quickly and things will take place as planned.
Sorry to hear that Suzie. Hope you get better soon. Sure with the tamiflu it will help and it won't be long before your fine again. Someone I know had swine flu already but he got tamiflu and was fine after a while.
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
Susie

Post by Susie »

Thank you for your good wishes everyone but it was a false alarm. I am sure swine flu is far worse than this. After deteriorating rapidly on Thursday afternoon/evening things settled down yesterday and now I am just achy and tired with a sore throat and a bit of a temperature.

I won't be running any marathons today but I reckon I'll be able to sit in the garden and watch the butterflies. :) Looks like it will be a cracking day for them.

Thanks again and good butterfly spotting to you all. :D
eccles

Post by eccles »

I am just achy and tired with a sore throat and a bit of a temperature.
Symptoms of swine flu can evidently be quite mild so you still may have it.
Susie

Post by Susie »

I guess it is possible but there are plenty of other lurgies out there too so I guess I will never know, whatever it is four days later and I am still feeling rotten but slowly on the mend. :(
NickB

Post by NickB »

Susie wrote:I guess it is possible but there are plenty of other lurgies out there too so I guess I will never know, whatever it is four days later and I am still feeling rotten but slowly on the mend. :(
One of our researchers has had Swine Flu (admittedly being young may have a bearing on how quickly you recover - so you should be OK then Susie :mrgreen: ) and they recovered in 4 days. Said it was no worse than any other flu.

Hope you can't give your lurgy to the Brown Hairstreaks.. :lol: ..get well soon...
N
"Conservation starts in small places, close to home..."
Denise

Post by Denise »

I was told at the doctors, that Swine Flu is infectious for 4 days before and 8 days after the onset of symptoms.
Will you be OK for the weekend Susie?

Denise
Denise
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

If it's any help, the NHS website says:
When are people most infectious?
People are most infectious to others soon after they develop symptoms, although they continue to shed the virus (for example, in coughs and sneezes) for up to five days (seven days in children). People become less infectious as their symptoms subside, and once their symptoms are gone, they are no longer considered infectious to others.

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Susie

Post by Susie »

Thanks for the info. :)

Sunday would be ten days after the initial onset of the symptoms, Denise, so I certainly plan to be there if I can. However, at the moment I am still running a fever, feel absolutely shattered and can't even walk up a flight of steps without needing to go for a rest afterwards. :?

What I would suggest is that I scan in a map of the site and best route to take and upload it so that if people are interested they can go regardless of whether I am there or not. I am keeping an eye on the weather too. At the moment Saturday is looking like a washout but I haven't seen Sunday's forecast.

I still hope to see you all though, fingers crossed.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Sorry Denise, the weather forecast is bad so I have cancelled the walk at Denbies on Sunday. It just isn't going to be worth it with showery blustery weather conditions. :(

Return to “General”