hi there

Let us know what you think of the UK Butterflies website, and tell us something about yourself!
arnie

hi there

Post by arnie »

Thought I'd better introduce myself as I've just become a member on this great site.

My name is Irene, and I've been rummaging throught your site for some 2years now, mainly trying to identify snaps I've taken. So I finally took the plunge and signed up.

As with so many of your new members I've recently gone digital with the camera and still have a lot of learning to do, but it's a facinating learning curve. Why is it that you always see great shots or some butterfly you've not snapped before when you haven't got the camera on you? Stalking any wildlife in the garden keeps me on my toes (especially as my garden is on a steep slope, the back of the garden being higher than the roof of the house), but I love landscape and bird photography too.

Today I had seven differnt species of butterflies on the old rambling buddlea - 2 red admiral, a handfull of commas, numerous large whites, 1 peacock, speckled woods, 4 gatekeepers, 1 painted lady - plus an abundance of bees, hover flies etc.

Keep up the good work, this site is very impressive with a whole load of facts and information - cheers
Denise

Re: hi there

Post by Denise »

Hi Irene,

Welcome to the site. I was a "lurker" for a year before taking the plunge and signing up too. :lol:
We are a friendly lot, and I hope that you get as much fun and information here as I do.
Hope to see you here again soon

Denise

Oh, and never leave home without your camera. :D
Denise
Dave McCormick

Post by Dave McCormick »

Hi Irene,

Welcome to the site! Great bunch of people on here and I'd have to agree with Denise, don't leave without your camera. I did once and I don't remember what it was, but something important I missed. But if you do bring your camera, remember the battery or memory card! I walked over 2 miles to get a photo of a pine forest and whatever was in/around it and forgot the memory card. Likewise I went to a nature reserve about 30 miles from where I live and forgot the battery for my camera (left it in charger)! Lucky I had a compact and video camera with me so I could get shots, but it rained mostly and did not get much.
Today I had seven differnt species of butterflies on the old rambling buddlea - 2 red admiral, a handfull of commas, numerous large whites, 1 peacock, speckled woods, 4 gatekeepers, 1 painted lady - plus an abundance of bees, hover flies etc.
Always nice to have Buddlea. I have two and attacts alot, nice to know you have a lot of species found on yours.
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

And a welcome from me, too, Irene. Look forward to reading your posts!

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
arnie

Post by arnie »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, it certainly seems to be a very friendly and helpful site. Will hopefully remember to take the camera and all in future -
Dave McCormick wrote:But if you do bring your camera, remember the battery or memory card! I walked over 2 miles to get a photo of a pine forest and whatever was in/around it and forgot the memory card. Likewise I went to a nature reserve about 30 miles from where I live and forgot the battery for my camera (left it in charger)!
and it's great to know I'm not the only one who goes charging off with only half the equipment :D -

Return to “Guestbook”